Another rib experiment

Chili Head

I picked up some pork ribs today to play with. I'm not really a saucy and sweet rib guy but I'll try anything once.
I'm not feeling like rolling the dice today so the slab I just used some Arthur Bryants meat rub And the two smaller pieces got MAKs sweet rub to start and in an hour and a half I'll rub with honey and brown sugar and wrap in foil.

46e1b492-54da-12d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chili Head

Ok two hours in and I rubbed them down with honey and brown sugar then wrapped them in foil and going to cook em for another two hours.
They look almost too sweet to eat.
46e1b492-6855-6127.jpg

Chili Head

Finished!
These are the ribs that only had Arthur Bryants meat rub on them. They turned out perfect. I finally nailed down the time it takes to cook these. They didn't fall off the bone but were damn close..just right!
46e1b492-8a50-a19b.jpg

These had the honey and brown sugar..interesting flavor.
46e1b492-8beb-4d25.jpg

They weren't as sweet as I expected. Next time I'm leaving out the honey and using BBQ sauce and brown sugar. I think I'm heading in the right direction though.
46e1b492-8ede-5e0b.jpg
46e1b492-8f09-fbd2.jpg

I used apple pellets tonight and I had 390 on smoke for a half hour then bumped the temp to 235 for 1.5 hours. I then foiled them and cooked another 2 hours at 245.
The smell in the house woke the wife up! The ribs are done huh? Hehehe she had to have some before she went back to bed lol.

Last edited:

TentHunter

Nice continuation of your rib-quest. :)

Try Dark Brown sugar with BBQ sauce. The extra molasses in the dark Brown sugar gives a nice deep flavor.

And keep posting. I love watching this stuff develop! :cool:

Top Bottom