Apple Smoked Chicken Pot Pie

smoker pete

I've learned to maximize my pellet use when smokin' Chickens these days by throwing in a couple extra Chickens. I burn the same amount of pellets whether I'm smoking 1 or 4 chickens. The last time I smoked some Chickens in my MAK 2 Star General Pellet Grill I stayed true to form and popped in a couple extra chickens. Vacuum packed the extra chicken halves for future use.

Today was back to the future. Decided to use up some of the Apple Smoked Chicken for a nice Chicken Pot Pie. I must admit that this is my first Chicken Pot Pie but will not be my last! This is a very easy recipe to make and a great way to incorporate leftovers.

Ingredients:

1+ lbs of diced Apple Smoked Chicken
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
1 tub (10 oz) Philadelphia® Savory Garlic Cooking Cream
1 can (10¾ oz) Cream of Chicken soup
1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (½ of 14.1 oz pkg)

PotPie1.jpg

Mix the Apple Smoked Chicken, mixed vegetables, Cooking Cream, and Cream of Chicken soup in a large bowl. Spoon the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate.

PotPie2.jpg

Cover the mixture with the Pie Crust; seal and fluted the edges. Cut several slits in the Pie Crust. Pre-Heated the MAK Grill to 410ºF. Place the Apple Smoked Chicken Pot Pie on a baking sheet and into the MAK for 40 - 45 minutes.

PotPie3.jpg

Let the Apple Smoked Chicken Pot Pie rest for 10 minutes before serving.

PotPie5.jpg

The money $shot ... A couple of slices of Apple Smoked Chicken Pot Pie with a side of Cantaloupe Melon ... Bon Appétit ...

PotPie6.jpg

The combination of the Philadelphia® Savory Garlic Cooking Cream and Cream of Chicken soup made for a flavorful sauce for the pot pie. The Apple Smoked Chicken though was the star of this dish!! It added that WOW factor and brought the Chicken Pot Pie to another dimension.

Top Bottom