Roast duck on my Traeger.

RGrunz

Does that mean we won't get to see any more AFLAC commercials?

Did you brine it? I have found that nothing improves my poultry cooks more than a brine. I use 16:1 water to salt ratio.... Would love to know what rub you used. I am still trying several different ones, really have not hit on one that I think is awesome.

If it tastes half as good as it looks........... mmmmmmm Great cook Dano

shelly

Nice cook.

Ducks are extremely fatty. Did the grease run off into the pail or did it just burn up on the drip pan? Any problem or excess smoke from it burning?

Shelly

Eli Lawrence

I tried Duck a week ago and started at 225 for 4 hours -- to cook off most of the fat - and then finished it at 325 for the last 1.5 hours - The results were good and most of the fat was off the bird - need to come up with a better rub and marinate for the duck -- When I tried it at a higher temp only it still was to fatty for me Eli

Dano11

Too funny, my friends here at work were saying I guess no more Donald Duck.

OK, first I didn't use any brine it was a spur of the moment decision to try Duck. I used what was in the pantry, Emerils poultry rub and some lemon pepper and herbs in a mill, I added some fresh ground pepper and some sea salt. I was amazed at how the fat just came of the bird, it almost filled my catch bucket. The duck was juicy and delicious with very little fatty/greasy taste. Trust me if it wasn't up to snuff the critic, AKA my wife would definetely let me know! :) It passed her test she was very complimentary on the flavor and how juicy it was. Next round I would like to try a brine I just didn't have the time.

Have a great day!

Dano

Traeger Texas Grill

Dano11

Oops I forgot one other thing, the last 45 mins to 1 hr I found some orange sauce and gave it a quick baste just to give it a little yum!

Dan

Dano11

Shelly,

No problems with the grease at all, no burning or added smoke it just ran into the pail.

Dan

Top Bottom