M/B Hybrid Smoked Kielbasa

nepas

Doing 5 lbs of smoked kielbasa this morning in the M/B Hybrid smoker.

Mixed in my bucket mixer. (sorry hard to take pics and mix at same time)
DSC01976.jpg

Going rope style.
DSC01978.jpg

Smoke stick this rope.
DSC01979.jpg

This 2 lbs going on a Bradley rack.
DSC01981.jpg

Setting on controller is smoke 180* Bradley temp IT is 100* so i will smoke for a few hours then bump the heat to 225*
DSC01983.jpg

sparky

that is so cool. i want one for my 2 star. nice job rick. why do you hang the sausage before you put it in the smoker?

nepas

that is so cool. i want one for my 2 star. nice job rick. why do you hang the sausage before you put it in the smoker?

Letting the sausage air dry for an hour or so makes the casings dry some. Smoke sticks better to dry casing.

nepas

Got the M/B Kielbasa done.

DSC01988.jpg

Hanging for a cool down.

DSC01990.jpg

As with everything there are Pro's & Con's

Here are mine.

Pro's

Give real smokehouse style results
Was fun to build.
Makes a great cold smoker for cooler outside temps.
Heavy smoke.
Can use smoke stix (sausage rods) and racks at the same time.
If you have a larger item to take just smoke you can put inside the main area (just smoke) while using the side smoke box.
I can still use my 4 rack with the Bradley cold smoker if needed.

Con's

Takes longer to smoke due to indirect heat.
Pellet consumption was almost 8 1/4 lbs.
Vents on the MAK need to be covered. Right side top and one of the vents on the bottom smoke box.
Had to remote the MAK temp to 325* to get a Bradley IT of 168* Maybe next time use my top draw fan.

Anyways i'm happy with it.

Patrick_CT

Is there a pic of this hybrib smoker? Am i seeing this correct that it is built on top of the cold smoke side of the MAK??

Patrick_CT

That looks like awesome kielbasa.. do you share your recipes for it.. ? (and thanks Deb for the link since I am sometimes to quick to ask rather than search) haha

TentHunter

You know I'm loving it! ;)

Thanks for the detailed pro's/con's too. It answered some questions I was having about the setup.

sparky

those are nice little packages of kielbasa ya have there. you still got my address right? hint, hint....:)

Top Bottom