Oak Smoked Chuck Cross Rib Roast

smoker pete

What's a mother to do when it's noon and you have nothing planned for dinner!?? You run over to your local Grocery store and pick up a little Chuck Cross Rib Roast. Man, everything keeps going up, up, up ... Just 5 months ago I paid $1.99/lb for one of these and today it was $4.79/lb!! I have to start planning ahead better and start stashing meat away in the freezer before it gets even more expensive. Oh well, a man's gotta eat ...

Rubbed a 3lb Chuck Cross Rib Roast with some Annie's Roasted Garlic EVOO and Fagundes Prime Rib & Roast Seasoning.

ChuckCrossRib2.jpg

Set the MAK 2 using American Broadleaf Pure 100 Oak pellets to SMOKE for 2 hours. I prefer using Oak with Beef.

ChuckCrossRib4.jpg

While the Rib Roast was smoking in the MAK I scrubbed some Potatoes, dried them, rubbed them with some Annie's Roasted Garlic EVOO and dusted them with Fagundes Seasoning. Nothing beats Baked Potatoes in the Char-Broil The Big Easy Infrared Smoker, Roaster and Grill (SRG).

ChuckCrossRib5.jpg

A man's gotta have his tools ... Using the MAK 2 for the Rib Roast while the baked potatoes are being cooked in the SRG (top left corner with lid open). Sure keeps the house from heating up during these dog days of summer. Infrared Baked Potatoes are so much tastier than oven baked ones.

ChuckCrossRib6.jpg

After 2 hours of Oak smoke I bumped the SETPOINT temperature to 230ºF until the Rib Roast IT reached 145ºF. Let the Chuck Cross Rib Roast rest under a foil tent for 20 minutes before slicing thinly.

ChuckCrossRib8.jpg

The money $shot ... A few slices of Oak Smoked Chuck Cross Rib Roast, Infrared Baked Potato, and a side of mixed vegetables ... You gotta have your veggies ... Bon Appétit

ChuckCrossRib9.jpg

RGrunz

Pete, that is one fine cook and it's well plated.... I usually use mesquite with my beef, but I am ordering some oak pellets today BBQ Delight of course....

Top Bottom