Where do you buy your meat?

Big Poppa

Administrator
I am a Costco guy....I also sometimes go to a place out here that is new called Fresh and Easy. I wish we had a Restaurant Depot in my area......

I also get a lot from Strube Ranch (where Im setting up an online store)

In comps we buy most of our stuff from Sams except for brisket which is Strube Ranch Texas Wagyu

SmokinMAK

I also buy predominantly from Costco. It's generally good quality and good prices. Been scoping-out Cash and Carry lately, but haven't gotten around to getting anything there yet.

Last edited:

LTS

Have a local farmer that butchers every so often so we get it fresh off the farm, the stuff like ribs, and brisket, pork butt, i purchase from Sams club

LTS

Bear

I get butts from Sam's sometimes, but most of my meat comes from a little small town grocery store about 8 miles from where I live. They have a great meat department, and it's close. Good prices too. They run a sale on something every week, so I usually cook what's on sale.

Pete

I just got a "free" membership at Restaurant Depot this morning, I'll be checking them out tomorrow!

Deb

I buy some from local farms - we have a company that delivers food/items from many local farms & artisans - pork, beef, chicken, turkey, goat, bison, cheese,eggs, dairy, fruit, veggies , bakery & other stuff - it's an awesome service. My thanksgiving meal will be almost all local - from the turkey to the whipped cream on the desserts.

What isn't local is usually from Costco.

cowgirl

I raise my own meat...beef, pork, poultry and shrimp.. it's great. The only down side is there are only so many ribs on one pig...and I can't justify processing another one until I use what I have on hand. lol

Big Poppa

Administrator
Jeanie you are just astounding...we are all going to big boxes and jeanie is the butcher and chef. post some pics of your action!

Phrett Bender

I use my KCBS membership card to get day passes from RD for most things. They have a variety of items and grades and you can check the freshness by the slaughter date on individual packages. Freshness is not a worry.

txpgapro

Our Walmarts carry Choice briskets at about $1.40 a pound. I get my ribs from Performance Food Group, my supplier for the club, already trimmed St. Louie style.

SisInLaw

thanks SIL - there's one 35 minutes from me. I'm going to check them out this week.

You'll think you died and ascended to a wonderful afterlife, Deb. They have lots of "tasters" with chafing dishes full of all kinds of tasty cooked lamb, beef and chicken. Also they offer pre-packaged marinated stuff that looks great but I like to come up with my own rubs and marinades so I haven't tried them. On the other side of the store they have loads of fine wines, a cheese bar and the people are nice.

Deb

You'll think you died and ascended to a wonderful afterlife, Deb. They have lots of "tasters" with chafing dishes full of all kinds of tasty cooked lamb, beef and chicken. Also they offer pre-packaged marinated stuff that looks great but I like to come up with my own rubs and marinades so I haven't tried them. On the other side of the store they have loads of fine wines, a cheese bar and the people are nice.

I just read a online newspaper article about them. The store in CT has only been open for a couple of weeks. Looks like they have great meats and also local products. I won't buy the pre-marinated stuff either :) since I like to do my own thing too. Thanks again!

Top Bottom