MAK Grilled Lingcod

smoker pete

Tom, my neighbor, went fishing at Half Moon Bay, CA with some friends for Lingcod and Rock fish and he kindly shared some fresh Lingcod with me. For those of you who may never have seen Lingcod filets you might be surprised to see that one filet is blueish green while the other is white. It's comes down to different varieties of the fish. Not to worry, it's all Great!!

Spritzed both sides of the Lingcod filets with Annie's Roasted Garlic EVOO and lightly sprinkled them with Fagundes Seasoning. Preheated the MAK 2 Star to 400ºF. Grilled the Lingcod for about 14 minutes at 400ºF until the fish flaked easily with a fork.

LingCod1.jpg

Lingcod are almost primeval looking - huge, gaping mouths with sharp fang like teeth. Lingcod are native to the rocky shores of North American's Pacific coast and offers a taste and succulence similar to halibut — it cooks up white, sweet and delicious, a great addition to many a meal.

Contrary to their name, they are not true cods, but are Greenlings. Lingcod are voracious predators and can grow to weigh over 80 pounds (35 kg) and measure 60 inches (150 cm) in length. Their color is variable, usually with dark brown or copper blotches arranged in clusters.

ling1.jpg

The money $shot ... Half a filet of each Lincod with a nice salad topped with cherry tomatoes from the garden ... Notice how each Lingcod filet is white when fully cooked. The Lingcod on the right was the blueish green filet.

LingCod2.jpg

LarryF

I went Salmon fishing up in Canada last summer. After we caught our limit we would go catch Cod and Lingcod. The Lingcod were the best fillets I brought home. YUMM!

TentHunter

Never had lingcod. I'll have to see if I can locate some.

Great post; very informative.

Thanks for sharing it!

Top Bottom