Memphis Thai Crunch Pizza

Spinny

Like I said, I'm on a pizza kick! Below are the ingredients I used: Pizza dough from the local pizzeria, House of Tsang Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce, smoked chicken breast (I used obi-cues sweet n heat with brown sugar - thought it would best match the peanut butter sauce), mozzarella and jack cheese, fine cut carrots, chopped peanuts, and chopped green onions for garnish.

IMG_9729.jpg

The peanut butter sauce...delish.

IMG_9731.jpg

Toss on the caso...

IMG_9733.jpg

Chicken chunks

IMG_9741.jpg

Add the carrots and chopped peanuts

IMG_9746.jpg

I put the green onions after I took out the pizza which sat in the M.A. for about 12 minutes or so at 425 degrees.

IMG_9758.jpg

My wife loved this one! However, notice how the pizza came out oblong? I had it sitting on an aluminum flat cookie sheet for awhile with flour down on it and it stuck to the sheet! I was very frustrated and almost lost the entire pizza during the transfer onto the grill. Not sure if it's the aluminum or if it sat too long, but next time I'll be making my pizza on the back side of my bamboo cutting board like I did for the pulled pork pizza.

Deb

However, notice how the pizza came out oblong? I had it sitting on an aluminum flat cookie sheet for awhile with flour down on it and it stuck to the sheet! I was very frustrated and almost lost the entire pizza during the transfer onto the grill. Not sure if it's the aluminum or if it sat too long, but next time I'll be making my pizza on the back side of my bamboo cutting board like I did for the pulled pork pizza.

It's easier to load with wood and unload with metal. When people buy peels many buy two. Your problem could have been both the metal and the length of time it sat. You don't want to dress your pizza until you are just about ready to transfer it the grill. Looks like you are using flour underneath - as it sits the flour will absorb into the dough and if you wait too long it will stick. Many people use some cornmeal or semolina on the peel (cutting board) instead of flour.

If you haven't found it yet pizzamaking.com is another great forum.

ACW3

What Deb said. Try a little cornmeal under your shell when you roll it out. It works for me.

Art

TentHunter

The problem has nothing to do with flour or a metal peel or anything other than the fact that you didn't invite me & Sparky over for pizza and that created bad carma. Errgo your pizza came out oblong. ;)

Looks great. I love the Tai twist!

sparky

The problem has nothing to do with flour or a metal peel or anything other than the fact that you didn't invite me & Sparky over for pizza and that created bad carma.

yes, i believe TH is right. i love your pizza dude. pizza & FT = heaven. how did the peanut butter sauce taste? i think this pizza looked fantastic.

Spinny

HAHAHA. BP...the sauce could possibly work well mixed with other ingredients for Asian inspired ribs.

Sparky...the sauce was perfect for this pizza. You'll have to try it yourself and let me know if you (or anybody else) have other suggestions for the next trial.

Deb - I thought about using cornmeal and I'll give it a whirl next round and thank you for the tips...this is exactly why I'm here! Thanks a million for the pizzamaking.com lead. What a great resource...

Top Bottom