got me a chicken

sparky

i am posting this chicken cook because a couple ppl asked me too.

chicken, evoo & desert gold (love this stuff).

P8010142.jpg

threw down a packet of hickory.

P8010145.jpg

look at that color. nice....

P8010147.jpg

ahh, got the 49er weber smoking and a picture of my attack dog, marley. he will lick you to death.

P8010154.jpg

opps, lost the chicken heart.

P8010155.jpg

looking good cisco....

P8010156.jpg

looks like a little soldier standing at attention.

P8010157.jpg

nice skin sparky.

P8010159.jpg

waa laa. hickory smoked chicken, cranberry sauce, stove top stuffing, green beans, watermelon and a nice big glass of moo juice.

P8010164.jpg

it was a great meal. got me a kiss from the mrs for this cook. thank you, thank you. ;)

Rip

Great looking bird Sparky! I love spatchcocked chicken, we cook chickens almost as much as you cook ribs.

Koolranch

Looks great. How long did it take and what do you do so the breast didn't get to dry?

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

how long? was i suppose to watching that? i really don't know how long. i cook the chicken until it hit 160º internal temp. dry, not even. i cooked the chicken on my grill grates. it was very moist inside. great chicken. evoo and desert gold was a great combo on the chicken. if you have any more questions i will be happy to help ya partner. :cool:

TentHunter

i am posting this chicken cook because a couple ppl asked me too.

I'm so glad you did because I think that's the best looking chicken I've ever seen you turn out Sparky. The color is phenomenal. When I saw that in the contest thread I wished I could reach through the screen and tear off one of those leg quarters!

You set a new bar for yourself!

Last edited:

sparky

I'm so glad you did because I think that's the best looking chicken I've ever seen you turn out Sparky. The color is phenomenal. You set a new bar for yourself!

badges, we don't no stinking badges.... i have no bar TH. i am just having fun. if i wrote this stuff down i might be able to duplicate everything i do. it's not that important to me. just cooking and having fun feeding my fam. i like flying by the seat of my pants. it's the only way to go. ;)

CarterQ

badges, we don't no stinking badges.... i have no bar TH. i am just having fun. if i wrote this stuff down i might be able to duplicate everything i do. it's not that important to me. just cooking and having fun feeding my fam. i like flying by the seat of my pants. it's the only way to go. ;)

Well it's working, and like TH said that chicken looks phenomenal, that is some money skin color right there!

Top Bottom