The making of a MAK Grill, 1 Star Rivet Assembly

MAK DADDY

I will post some videos along the way of manufacturing our grills, thought you guy's would enjoy that :)

The 1 Star has over 40 individual sheet metal components that get assembled as well as all the motors, fans, electronics, fasteners etc. so there is a lot of work to put them together :) Again, these are not disposable appliances, they are built to last!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Which one is mine?

Love the light inspection...isnt flip video cool? was that Tommy Emmanuel on guitar?

Great to see how the stuff is made!

MAK DADDY

All of them! LOL
Not sure on the guitar, picked it from the flip menu cause I knew you would like it!
I will post some more as we go along.

sparky

didn't see anyone putting my 3 star together. are they doing those on the other side of the building.

LTS

You know he does that on purpose just hangs a little bit of info out there for all of us to nibble on and wish we could see it

LTS

MAK DADDY

Loose lips sink ships! Besides this is more fun :)
I will disclose more as we get closer to final design and production.

scooter

Great video Bob! Thanks. Was surprised to see them working with sheet metal without hand/eye protection.
Please put up some more insights into the world of MAK GRiLLS!

MAK DADDY

Hands are tough as nails, sharp edges are one thing that's hard for these guys to judge, everything is dull to them :)
Actually most edges are pretty clean coming off the Laser, it's not like the old days where you sheared the metal.
Eye protection is only used during operations with flying debree like sanding or drilling etc.
This is fun :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
As long as you are pellet cooking I will get my share....if it doesnt work out with your dealer I will be in second position ready

sparky

is it better to buy from a local dealer who carries mak? i buy alot of my sauces and lump charcoal from him.

MAK DADDY

is it better to buy from a local dealer who carries mak? i buy alot of my sauces and lump charcoal from him.

It's best to buy from the person or company you feel most comfortable with and has spent their time (money) helping you make a good decision. BP may not be local to you but he has excellent customer service and will stand behind the sale, that's what you should expect of any dealer.
What you shouldn't do is spend a dealers time (money) helping you with a decision and then buy from someone else.

sparky

i bought my lil tex from the dealer. we trade stuff. i give him coffee and he gives me bbq sauce. i was impressed one sunday that big poppa called during sunday night football to talk bbq. i was shocked. it was like talking to jimmy page or eric clapton of the bbq world. i do agree with ya about buying from someone that makes you feel comfortable. aren't the new mak 2 stars come with two crates on them so you can use the skillet and new grill racks? the one the dealer has only has one grate.

Top Bottom