Honey BBQ Ribs & Rib Tips

TentHunter

I've had a hankering for some good Honey BBQ ribs, plus over the years I've seen many people (including Sparky) use some kind of butter/sugar combo when foiling so here goes...

The ribs & rib tips rubbed with some homemade rub and put on the Stoven. I used a Oak/Black Walnut pellet mix for this cook. That combo is a lot like hickory.
HBBQRIB1.JPG

A couple hours of smoke-love and ribs/tips get the same treatment: foiled with a little cider vinegar, butter & honey. A great balance I will definitely use again. Like Sparky says, look at the butter melt! :)
HBBQRIB2.JPG

Waste Not, Want Not!

After they braised, wrapped up in the foil for about 1 1/2 hours, NO WAY was I going to waste those precious juices & caramelized honey caught in the foil. I added it to some homemade Honey BBQ Sauce.
HBBQRIB3.JPG

Ribs & Tips get a glaze.
HBBQRIB4.JPG

Done and ready to go in the house to be trimmed. These ribs are NOT wet that's the glaze you're looking at!
HBBQRIB5.JPG

The Honey BBQ Ribs trimmed.
HBBQRIB6.JPG

And the succulent rib tips... They actually disappeared quicker than the ribs!
HBBQRIB7.JPG

I really like the butter/honey/vinegar combo for foiling. It was a great balance between the sweet & tangy and the honey flavor came through nicely right along with the black walnut smoke.

Craving satisfied!

TentHunter

Thanks guys.

how did you make the glaze TH?

The glaze was simply the foil drippings mixed with some homemade Honey BBQ sauce. I do that quite often because the drippings contain a ton of flavor. I brushed it on the ribs then let them stay on the grill for about 20 minutes to set up & finish. I think the butter in the drippings is what gave it such a glossy look.

Several of your rib posts really made me want to try the butter/sugar combo. :) Thanks buddy!

CarterQ

Good looking ribs Cliff, I'm not a big fan of sweet on ribs but you guys are tempting me to give it a try!

Top Bottom