ABT's Chili head style

Chili Head

I figured since I'm burning the pellets anyway why not make some ABT's!

46e1b492-1ab4-aa33.jpg

46e1b492-1ac8-bd3a.jpg

Picked up some jalapeño's and scotch bonnets to use this time. I didn't go crazy with these, I just cut the tops off and cleaned the cores out. Then I filled em with cheddar cheese and topped them with bacon. Half got a dusting of soileaus and the other half got dusted with Little Louies seasoned garlic salt. Into the MAK at 250 until done. Whoo y'all these are gona be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chili Head

Wow I'm batting a 1000 today!
These turned out GREAT!

46e1b492-2c62-aa38.jpg

46e1b492-2c78-3557.jpg

Yeah there sorta hot but ohhh sooooo good!

Chris231

Those look great! I love ABT's and they're so easy to make!

What's the difference between a scotch bonnet and a habanero pepper? Is it just a regional name difference? I looked them both up online and the heat rating (100,000 - 350,000 Scoville Units) is the same.

Chili Head

The habanero isnt the same pepper as the Scotch Bonnet. They are of the same species though. The Scotch Bonnet has a different shape - one which closely resembles a Scott's bonnet and is a little smaller than a habanero. The Scotch Bonnet grows mainly in the Caribbean islands while the habanero grows mainly in Latin and North American. The flavor of the two, however, is very similar as is their heat level.

Last edited:

TentHunter

The scotch bonnets we always used to grow were red and the habs were orange. Are there different ones?

I wondered about this same thing last year when I couldn't locate Scotch Bonnets locally.

Scotch Bonnets & Habaneros are both the same genus & species. Both vary in color from red to orange. Bonnets are grown mainly in the Carribean and have a rounded end (making them look like a Scottish Bonnet). Habaneros are grown in the Americas and have a pointed end.

Otherwise, for all intents and purposes, they are the same chili. And YES, they are HOT! :)

Duh- I see Chili Head posted the same info (shoulda looked before I hit the "post" button)!

Last edited:

Chris231

I only seem to be able to find habaneros at my local markets. If I'm able to find them both at the same time I'll have to do a side-by-side test. I personally prefer habanero ABT's to jalapeño ABT's, although the rest of the family can't tolerate the heat!

Top Bottom