Smoked Salisbury Steak

smoker pete

Salisbury Steak is one of the ultimate comfort food items of all time IMHO! Does it get any better than having your own little Meatloaf drenched in a succulent Brown Gravy and smothered with Mushrooms and Onions? I think not!!

My Meatloaf ingredients consist of 2 lb 80% Lean Hamburger, Eggs, Bread Crumbs, Crushed Garlic, Pepper, Fagundes Seasoning, Worcestershire Sauce, Onion Soup Mix, Tomato Sauce, sautéed Onions and Red Bell Pepper.

SalisburySteak1.jpg

Preheated the MAK 2 Star Pellet Grill with Hickory to 250ºF. Formed 7 Salisbury Steaks and a large meatball for the Pit Master. Would have used Oak pellets but ran out and you can never go wrong with Hickory! Waited a ½ hour for the Salisbury Steaks to firm up before inserting meat probes. Took 1½ hours at 250Fº to reach an Internal Temperature (IT) of 150ºF. When making a Meatloaf I take it to an IT of 160ºF but the Salisbury Steaks will be going back into the MAK for the finishing touches. Bumped the MAK temperature to 350ºF for the next phase.

SalisburySteak3.jpg

The components consists of Hickory Smoked Salisbury Steaks, 6-7 cups of Brown Gravy with Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions.

SalisburySteak4.jpg

Placed the Smoked Salisbury Steaks back in the MAK at 350ºF for 45 minutes.

SalisburySteak6.jpg

Now honestly, can anyone resist diving in?

SalisburySteak7.jpg

The money $shot ... A Hickory Smoked Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Brown Gravy with Mushrooms and Onions, a side of Corn on the Cob, and some Orange Flesh Honeydew Melon washed down with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon ... Life is good ... Bon Appétit

SalisburySteak8.jpg

CarterQ

Nice looking meal Pete, never crossed my mind to do a salisbury steak, much less smoke it, but that looks really good. Did you make the gravy yourself? Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

sparky

oh man....dude, hand me a plate and get the h#!! out of the way. the pictures get better and better. i think i shed a tear on the 2nd to the last picture. two thumbs up garth.....:cool:

Hobbit

I'm with sparky on this one. Looks great. I never even thought of trying that on my Mak.

(Sounds like sparky would like to see this in the weekend judging - just a thought.)

smoker pete

Nice looking meal Pete, never crossed my mind to do a salisbury steak, much less smoke it, but that looks really good. Did you make the gravy yourself? Thanks for sharing.

First let me say that I love all kinds of gravy on everything!! But I'm not good at making gravy so I rely on powders, mixes, etc. since most of those have lower numbers when it comes to calories and fat.

The gravy was made with McCormick Brown Gravy Mix that I picked up at Costco. It doesn't get any easier than 3 tbsp per cup of water - stir over medium heat unit gravy boils, simmer 1 minute and you have a tasty brown gravy ...

I personally can't bring myself to use drippings, grease, fat, etc anymore like Mama used to use to make the greatest gravy in the world!! Had a triple bypass 11 years ago and 3 Stents 2 weeks ago so for me it's gravy mixes which are delicious in their own right ;) ;)

Rip

Yeah, I hear you on the stent thingie....takes a lot of the fun out the whole lard, bacon drippings, etc. cooking. Glad you're back cooking full bore two weeks later!

I love Salisbury Steak. Never thought of trying it on the MAK. Will have to add it to the list. Problem is the list is getting longer faster than I can cross things off of it.

Top Bottom