Filet Mignon with a home made lemon hollandaise sauce

Chili Head

Hello everyone!

Tonight I made diner for the wife.
Filet Mignon with a home made lemon hollandaise sauce, baby red twice baked potatoes and grilled asparagus.

002.jpg

First off I started with the potatoes. I baked them until partially done then sliced them in half. Once cool enough to handle I holed out the center.

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

I mixed the scooped out potato with some shredded cheddar cheese,butter, salt and pepper. Next I just put that into the hole in the potato, put a little onion on top and it's ready to bake.

016.jpg

Into #390 at 450° until they start turning brown.

017.jpg

018.jpg

While those are baking I washed and trimmed some asparagus. This went on #390 as well.

020.jpg

Now it's time to get the hollandaise sauce going.

1 cup of unsalted butter
1 TB spoon of minced onion
1/2 ts ground sea salt
1 TB water
1 TB plus 2 ts of fresh lemon juice
3 egg yolks
2 ts white wine vinegar
1/8 ts of cayenne pepper

First I melted the butter and set it aside to cool to room temperature.

003.jpg

To be continued..

Chili Head

Next in a small sauce pan over medium - high heat I cooked the onion, 1/4 ts of the salt, cayenne and vinegar until the liquid evaporated and the onion was dry.

007.jpg

006.jpg

After that I removed the pan from the heat and added the water and stirred it in.

008.jpg

Into a food proccessor goes the onion mixture, three egg yolks and 1 TS of the lemon juice.

005.jpg

While the proccessor is running on low add the butter and run it until the mixture is smooth. You can season the sauce with the remaining 1/4 ts of salt and the lemon juice.

009.jpg

010.jpg

Now it's time for the asparagus to come off and the filets to go on!

The filets only got a little fresh ground pepper and ground sea salt.

021.jpg

022.jpg

The potatoes were nice and toasty and had to come off.
Whoa! Looks like a couple spears decided to jump into the fire! I didnt see it until the flash from the camera gave them away ;)

To be continued again..

Chili Head

Ok it's now time for plating!

The filet was cooked to a nice medium rare to medium and I put a dollop of sour cream and some onion on the potatoes. The asparagus got a drizzle of the hollandaise sauce as well as the filet. I added the lemon slices as a garnish.

024.jpg

025.jpg

031.jpg

The potatoes had a nice crust to them, the asparagus had a bit of a bite to it not mushy at all.
The filet was melt in your mouth tender! It's a shame I cant afford to eat it every day :D

Yes she was happy! :p

Chili Head

Yeah it turned out good!
My doctor is going to spank me when I go in for my physical in October...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chili Head

Thanks guys!
Those potatoes are killer and easy to make. Next time I'm putting bacon in them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

nicely done chili head. i would like a plate plz w/ my big glass of cold milk. really nice cook partner. :)

Top Bottom