CR Coho Salmon, Lobster Tails with Citrus Chili Butter& Roasted Corn & Crab Risotto

bflodan

CR Coho Salmon, Lobster Tails with Citrus Chili Butter& Roasted Corn & Crab Risotto

Im also on a seafood kick Sparky... Since the wife became pregnant Ive tried to do fish once a week... Only a few more days to go, anyways I grabbed a nice Copper River Coho Salmon Filet, a couple small Lobster Tails and some Snow Crab..

Melted some butter and mixed with some BPLL, wrapped some corn with the mixture and threw on the MAK at 375 along with the Snow Crab...Basted the crab with the same mixture..

027-6.jpg

028-6.jpg

Let it cool and then removed the Meat from the shell..

029-4.jpg

031-5.jpg

Cut the corn from the cobs, only used 3 ears and also used some shallot, chicken broth, fresh grated parm, butter, chives and a little sugar..Took the broth, half the corn and sugar and heated to a boil...Removed and into the blender and then strained..Sauteed the shallot then added the arborio rice...Had the broth on simmer and just added ladle fulls at a time till absorbed...At the end mixed in the parm, crab and rest of the corn..Topped with a little more parm and chives..

035-3.jpg

036-2.jpg

Salmon, just used a little evoo, some king salmon rub that Ive had and wanted to try and a couple fresh lemon slices..Lobster tails I also rubbed with a little evoo and some BPLL and BPDG.. Took a small tin and threw in some butter, dried chipotle chili and some orange, lemon and lime zest and put it on the MAK while it was heating up... Basted the tails with that mixture as they cooked..

032-3.jpg

037-3.jpg

040-1.jpg

041-2.jpg

Cont....

bflodan

CR Coho Salmon, Lobster Tails with Citrus Chili Butter& Roasted Corn & Crab Risotto 2

044-1.jpg

Waa Laaa!!

Made Berry Crisp for Desert with a little Vanilla Ice Cream....Used some fresh Raspberries and Bluberries and made a crumble with some oatmeal and granola..

002-9.jpg

003-12.jpg

015-7.jpg

025-5.jpg

We loved it!!

ACW3

Bflodan,
Looks great, and I'll bet it tasted even better. The next time you make risotto you can kick up the "richness" of it by taking your crab shells and cooking them with your broth before you start the rice. I do this with shrimp shells whenever I make shrimp risotto and the difference is night and day. The smokey flavor from your crab shells (whatever amount they may absorb) should add a different dimension to the risotto, also. Keep up the great postings.

Art

TentHunter

This is a great cook from start to finish. Man, I was wanting salmon yesterday BEFORE I saw this. After seeing this I really want some!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Matt a year ago Dan's cooks didnt look like this...I am so happy to see all the people here grow and now they kick my ass. Proud

Top Bottom