Surf-n-Turf snacks

383inTheD

Surf-n-Turf Snacks

While I was at the fish market on Friday I picked up 3 whole mackerel so I could smoke them. I was planning to make up a fresh smoked fish dip for my bro’s birthday party. After cleaning and filleting the mackerel, I prepared them by dusting with white pepper and garlic powder.

Onto the MAK they go for an hour and a half in smoke mode; then I bumped the temp to 225 to finish them off. After they cooled down I removed the skin and blood vein and broke the meat into pieces. Into the food processor with my favorite old bay seasoning style dip ingredients. I like my fish spread in the consistency of a pate rather than a thin dip.

Food011-1.jpg

Since it was my brother’s 50th, I broke out my last stick of venison summer sausage and sliced some of it up on the meat slicer. I thought a perfect accompaniment for my “surf and turf” snack was the St. Germaine Swiss that I smoked on the MAK a few weeks ago. I’ve had it mellowing out vacuum packed in the fridge just waiting for a day like today.

[FONT=&quot]
Food013.jpg
[/FONT]

I absolutely love this fish dip and everyone who has tried it really compliments the way it turns out. I think this is yet another great way to show off what you can do with a pellet smoker.

Food014.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Top Bottom