Boston Butt

Koolranch

Here is my first attempt.

ae6ebc95-10f6-2535.jpg

ae6ebc95-1107-6562.jpg

ae6ebc95-1120-d9f5.jpg

ae6ebc95-1132-b2de.jpg

ae6ebc95-1142-2f16.jpg

It came out real nice. One took 9 hours and the other took 12. After they were done I FTC for about four hours.

Q.
How long do you season yours before smoking?

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

looks good from here. what temp partner? all my butts seem to take over 12 hours to cook. i only use 225º.

squirtthecat

Heck yeah, nice job! I slather and rub on the grill. (less mess in the kitchen that way, and I am inherently lazy)

Did you run your grill around 250°? My Traeger ends up close to 250° and I get butts done in about that same amount of time.

Koolranch

looks good from here. what temp partner? all my butts seem to take over 12 hours to cook. i only use 225º.

The temp was set at 225 and it varied up to 250. I guess the first one was about 9.5 hours. It was the one to the left. It may be hotter there than on right.

Rip

They look good to me. I agree, those are pretty much normal times for a 250ish cook.

Great first butt Koolranch. I have only done one, but seasoned right before putting on the MAK. Next time I will probably inject and foil@165 (two separate tests, one at a time), but first result was fine. Looks like yours was great!

Koolranch

Thanks all. I was going to enter this in the contest but I had an unfair advantage. I was going to have a cold glass of milk in the money shot and get the win. It would not have been fair. When all you seasoned pros comment it really feels good.

Steve

Chili Head

Hey man go for the win! Post them pics!!
Looks mighty fine indeed!

I've been slathering and rubbing 12-24 hours before I cook em. Not sure if it makes a difference though.

Top Bottom