After the smoke has worked it's magic
IMG_0827.jpg

Cranked up to 450 to sear the TT and grill the artichokes on the MAK sear grate
IMG_0829.jpg

CarterQ

Finished products:

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

Pulled the tri tip off at an IT of 140, this is a little more well done than I normally do but I had to keep the guests happy!

IMG_0838.jpg

I am loving the flavor of tri tip when I smoke it first and finish it off over high heat! The artichokes were great as well.

Deb

Nice CarterQ! Those artichokes look great but I'm not sure I can get any around here this time of year. Did you par-boil them first or did they go on the grill raw?

TentHunter

Well done. Tri-tip & artichokes looks like a marriage made in smoker's heaven!

I am loving the flavor of tri tip when I smoke it first and finish it off over high heat!

I couldn't agree more; I just did my first reverse sear and love the slight smoke ring & smokiness combined with the caramelized sear. I am hooked!

Did you season or drizzle the artichokes with anything?

CarterQ

Deb, one of the spoils of living in CA is we can get artichokes year round. We have tons of other problems but our produce is always fresh!

Steamed the artichokes whole for about a half hour to soften them up and the cut them in half and cleaned out the choke. Spritzed them with garlic butter and then on the grill.

Grilling gives them a nice nutty flavor, it's the only way we eat them now.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Me too tom the steaming gets them just right and then the carmelization from the grill just makes it perfect. That Suzie Q's is from my old neck of the woods,,,

jimsbarbecue

Did chokes two days ago. steamed and removed the choke then put on a asian dressing from Walden Farms and grilled on the Grill Grates. These are always a hit. Susie Q is like Lawrys Season Salt a must have in the kitchen or camping.

MAK DADDY

WOW, that tri tip looks perfect to me :) I cooked some with Jim's recipe once (like brisket) and that was amazing too.

Top Bottom