Brined Spatchcocks!

bflodan

Had a long 4 days in the hospital and just returned home yesterday with my wife and new daughter... Wanted something pretty easy to make for ourselves and my folks who where here helping with my son while we where gone..I have done spatchcocks before but have never brined them..I used Diva Q's turkey brine recipe that I found in another thread..

http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet-smoking-com-lounge-9/brine-429/

I cut the recipe in half and had to substitute the all spice berries with juniper berries..

001-12.jpg

Seasoned up with some garlic evoo, BPSLL and DG then with about 20 min left hit one with some Raos Lemon Chicken Marinade and one with some Salamidas State Fair Garlicious sauce...Both NY staples...Raos is excellent by the way if your ever in NYC or recently now in Vegas you gotta try it!!

006-15.jpg

Onto the Mak running at about 310 till they hit 150 or so...Upped it to 415 and threw on some balsamic artichokes...Basted with the sauces...

007-12.jpg

Pulled when the hit 167 carved and added a little more sauce to each..

009-11.jpg

Sorry but it was pretty hectic around here and I forgot to take plated pics...Served it with some rice and fresh bread...Chicken was sooo moist...I will brine again!! I normally dont spatchcook so high in the beginning but I was pressed for time...Other than the wings getting a little dark it came out fantastic..

Deb

Congrats Dan!

Chicken look great

I'll have to look for the Rao's marinade. We have the spaghetti sauce in all the stores here

bflodan

I'll have to look for the Rao's marinade. We have the spaghetti sauce in all the stores here[/QUOTE]

I found it whole foods.... Its really good, tastes right out of the restaurant..

CarterQ

Congrats on the new bundle of Joy, your son is going to love being a big brother. Oh and that Chicken don't look too bad either!

Top Bottom