Lamb chops with greek yogurt cucumber sauce

Chili Head

002-1.jpg

The first thing I did was fire up the MAK with a mix of peach and cherry pellets and ran the temp up to 450°.

While the MAK was heating up I made the cucumber sauce.

1 english cucumber
4 scallions
1 fresh lemon
1 cup plain yogurt
1 TS EVOO
1 TS chopped dill
1/8 ts paprika
kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper

Cut 3 inches of your cucumber then peel it and dice it into 1/4 inch pieces.

004-1.jpg

Next you need to cut and chop 4 scallions. I only used the white part of the scallions.

006-1.jpg

Next you need 1 TB of fresh chopped dill, 1/8 TS of paprika, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.

009-1.jpg

In a mixing bowl add 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 TB of fresh lemon juice and 1 TB of EVOO.
Mix in your dry ingredients and stir everything in.

008-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

Once that is mixed well cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for later.

Next up we're going to make a marinade for the lamb chops.

1 TB fresh lemon juice
3 TB EVOO
2 TS fresh chopped oregano
1/2 TS kosher salt
1/4 TS fresh ground pepper
2 cloved minced garlic

In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients.

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Brush the marinade onto both sides of the lamb chops then cover them and put them back into the fridge for 30 minutes.

014-1.jpg

to be continued

Chili Head

Next up we got our potatoes ready and onto the MAK.

Cut your potatoes up into 1/4 pieces and drizzle some EVOO, fresh cut dill and some salt and pepper to taste. Put your potato quarters onto skewers and grill at 450°

027-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

Once the potatoes start turning brown you can start your lamb chops. The Chops will take about 8 - 10 minutes to cook to a medium rare to medium. Only turn them over once!

029.jpg

031-1.jpg

Here it is plated up.

033-1.jpg

Whoo almost forgot the cucumber sauce :p

050.jpg

035.jpg

To be continued

Chili Head

For dessert we had Butter-Rum Pineapple with Coconut/Pineapple Ice Cream.

You're going to need..

3 TB unsalted butter
3 or more TB rum ( I used coconut rum) ;)
1 TB Honey
1/8 TS ground cinnamon
1 Pineapple cored and sliced
1 pint of coconut/pineapple ice cream
mint sprigs
ginger snaps

First off you want to melt your butter and add the rum, honey and cinnamon.

019-1.jpg

Next up your going to core your pineapple and slice it. Once sliced brush some of the butter/cinnamon mixture onto the slices and put them on the grill.

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

Once off the grill cut your pineapple into pieces and drizzle some butter - rum sauce on the pieces.

024-1.jpg

to be continued

Chili Head

In your bowl of choice add your ice cream and pineapple slices then drizzle some of the butter/cinnamon/honey/rum sauce over the top. Add a ginger snap and garnish with some mint and 1/4 of the pineapple core sliced length ways.

047.jpg

The chops turned out perfect! Rich and juicy! And paired with the cucumber sauce ...MMMMM!
If you havent tried pineapple - rum and ice cream. Put it on your bucket list. You wont be dissapointed!

Last edited:

LarryF

That looks awesome. I have been wanting to try some Lamb. The desert puts it over the top though. Good job!!!

Chili Head

dude, are you a chef? your food always looks top notch. wish i lived closer to ya. ;)

Are you kidding me? I learned From watching you and the others! I always wanted to be though. I grew up watching Julia Childs :D
I'm just your average "time my steak cooks by how many beers I've drank" backyard chef :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarterQ

Awesome cook, lamb on the pellet cooker is hard to beat. That pineapple dessert looks killer too, a great finish for a great meal!

Top Bottom