Smokin in Mesquite NV - 9/3-9/4

KimG SOW

So for a couple of months Andy and I had been trying to decide what we wanted to do for our wedding anniversary (Sept 5) this year. The last 2 years we have competed in Milwaukee WI and visited my parents, but that contest is no longer there. So we started looking at our other options; Ames IA, Quapaw OK, Bedford TX, Omaha NE or not cook at all. As we are discussing things, I see the the Mesquite contest and ask Andy if he wants to go to Vegas. He said that could work if someone would let us borrow equipment so we could fly in.

This is when we contact BP and Jody, and ask if they can help us out! So.... we fly in and stay in Vegas (my first time) Thursday night and will be in Mesquite on Friday!! We are very excited and can't wait to see the BP Team.

Thanks for all your help!!

Rip

I love it when a plan comes together. Happy anniversary! Good luck to you guys and the BPS Team too!

Red

Talked to BP earlier today and it looks like we have you guys completely hooked up. You will be looking like the second BPS team with the all awnings and vehicles in your site, it will be great.

A lot of good teams and good friends! We can't wait!

Big Poppa

Administrator
ANDY AND KIM WON GC! First ever GC where all meats were cooked on MAKS only! Great job...WE sucked but at least our pals were kings and queens......

Rip

Wow! Now that's a great Anniversary present! Congrats Andy & Kim! Grand Champions, and on MAK's no less!! Sterling, your a great friend to hook them up with equipment. Bob needs to get that team a couple of 4 Stars!

HoDeDo

Sterling, your a great friend to hook them up with equipment.

Sterling, Jody, Joe, and Brad made this weekend possible for us. Those guys basically packed gear for two whole teams, and drove it out to Mesquite. As usual Sterling, and the crew tool amazing care of us. When Kim called BP (I called Jody first)... The immediate response, was "YES", we'd love to see you guys, and can get bring extra gear for you.

By the time we hit Mesquite driving up from Vegas, the Joe and Brad, had the cookers out, and site set up!! Truly went above and beyond the call of duty. They are stewards for what the BBQ community is all about. We had a blast all weekend with them.
We'll still in a little bit of shock for the weekend we have shared. First celebrating 13years of wedded bliss, then getting a Jack Daniels World invitational draw for the state of KS.... and finally ending today as the GC.... we're in awe. Thank you again BPS!!!

Candy Sue

No doubt about it...Smoke on Wheels is rollin' rollin' rollin' right thru Mesquite heading towards Lynchburg!

Big Congratulations Andy & Kim!!!

MAK DADDY

ANDY AND KIM WON GC! First ever GC where all meats were cooked on MAKS only! Great job...WE sucked but at least our pals were kings and queens......

That is an amazing acomplishment, great job guys! We are proud to be a small part of your glory :)
Oh Happy Anniversary too!

Top Bottom