First Briskit on the Mak

Magnus

Last night I smoked my first Briskit, a small 2-3# that was in two pieces. One piece was lean and slightly marbled and the other had the fat cap, which I wasn't sure how to trim or how much to trim? It was about 1/4" so I just left it.

At 5 hours they were at 190 so I pulled them off, wrapped in foil and let rest for about 35 min or so.

I seasoned as follows and let sit overnite:
Olive oil - light coating
Black Pepper
Garlic Pepper
Kosher Salt - no very much
Butt Rub

I have attached some pics - they came out fantastic! Looking forward to enjoying some sandwichs / leftovers this week!
View attachment 808View attachment 807View attachment 805View attachment 806

MAK DADDY

Looks great, nice job on the first try! You want to leave the fat cap on just like you did, then remove it when slicing.

Chili Head

That brisket looks tasty!!
Throw some jalepenos and smoked cheese on there, add some sauce and you'll have a great sandwich!
:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnus

Thank you all for the compliments - we did enjoy some sandwiches today. I put the meat on a platter and put it in the warmer box and turned the grill up to 400 to re-heat the meat (+/- 15 min.or so) vs microwave. Tasted great!

The more I use my Mak, the more I learn and enjoy it! We enjoyed some more NY Strips this evening that I just grilled vs. the reverse sear that I did previously. 400 with the grill grates, 7 min ea side, tasty!

I am having some serious issues with my probes however, my first one stopped working (reading high constantly) about 10 days ago and tonight, my other probe started out reading normal in one of the NY's, and then went to High (Check Probe on the boss) ? I did read the post about probes and some of the issues with the probe(s) that comes with the MAK 2 Star. So, looks like I need some suggestions on some good probes, preferably straight vs. the std. curved models.

thanks again everyone!

Tom

Magnus

Hi BP, are there any other probes that will work with my Mak that I may find locally to get by this weekend with?

MAK DADDY

I am having some serious issues with my probes however, my first one stopped working (reading high constantly) about 10 days ago and tonight, my other probe started out reading normal in one of the NY's, and then went to High (Check Probe on the boss) ? I did read the post about probes and some of the issues with the probe(s) that comes with the MAK 2 Star. So, looks like I need some suggestions on some good probes, preferably straight vs. the std. curved models.
Tom

Since your grill we have had the standard probes redesigned to withstand higher temps, they have been working much better!
I will send you out a couple replacements for you to try.
That said the Armored probes have yet to fail, they are expensive but worth it if you use them for high temperature cooks (like steaks).
They are straight and have a 1 year warranty, if all goes well we will switch to those as the standard MAK probe.

Magnus

Wow, that is fantastic! Thank you very much! I will be ordering an Armored probe later today as well as a few other accessories. Mak grills is #1 in my book. Everyone have a safe holiday weekend! Keep em smokin!

Top Bottom