Creole Butter Injected Smoked Chicken

smoker pete

For my 1st injected Chicken I Injected about 4 oz of Tony Chacher's Creole Style Butter Marinade in the Chicken Breasts, Thighs, Legs, and wings at multiple points. Also rubbed Annie's Roasted Garlic EVOO and Fagundes Seasoning under/on the skin. Wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and into the fridge overnight.

CreoleInjected2.jpg

Removed the Creole Butter Injected Chicken from the fridge to allow it to warm up while preheating the MAK 2 Star with Gourmet BBQ Apple Pellets. SETPOINT to Smoke and put the Chicken in for 2 hours. The temperature of the Smoke setting on the MAK 2 Star is ~180ºF.

CreoleInjected3.jpg

After 2 hours of smoke I bumped the temperature to 350ºF until the Chicken Breasts reached an IT of 170ºF. Took a total of 3 hours and 15 minutes to go from an IT of 42ºF to 170ºF. When doing a whole chicken I prefer to use a Chicken Roaster to catch all the drippings and fat. Makes clean up simple and if I had a mind to I could use it to make a scrumptious gravy but my Cardiologist would not be amused!!

CreoleInjected4.jpg

Rested the chicken under a foil tent for 20 minutes while making some Faux Rice in the microwave. It's hard to beat a chilled ripe Cantaloupe melon this time of year. Some Faux Rice and a dissected Injected Chicken.

CreoleInjected6.jpg

The money $shot ... A Creole Style Butter Injected Apple Smoked Chicken Breast, a portion of Faux Rice, and some delicious Cantaloupe melon ... Bon Appétit

CreoleInjected7.jpg

The Tony Chachere's Creole Butter Injected Chicken was simply divine!! I was impressed to see the flavor infused down to the bone. The EVOO and Seasoning on the Chicken surface was beautifully complemented with the injected Creole Butter. This is my first of many Injection Recipes.

ACW3

The title of your post is enough to make you hungry! Good job. This is why I love this site. The ideas abound about cooking different things on the grill.

Art

sparky

nice chicken pete. i wouldn't mind that plate. your going to have to serve yourself another. :)

Rip

Makes clean up simple and if I had a mind to I could use it to make a scrumptious gravy but my Cardiologist would not be amused!!

Looks great Pete! Can't help but wonder what our cardiologists would think about creole butter injection :) :D. Mine noticed the 10 lbs or so I've put on since I started pellet smoking, (sparky was right)!

smoker pete

Looks great Pete! Can't help but wonder what our cardiologists would think about creole butter injection :) :D. Mine noticed the 10 lbs or so I've put on since I started pellet smoking, (sparky was right)!

Actually Rip you got me curious so I checked out the numbers of the injectable creole butter marinade and found some shocking numbers!!

0 Calories, 0g Total Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol. 320mg/1 TBsp Sodium, 0g Total Carbohydrate, 0g Dietary Fiber, 0g Sugars, and 0g Protein.

Don't know how they pack the flavor in with numbers like that, but I just might have to use it again ;) ;)

Great looking cook Pete! I have used a creole butter injection for deep fried turkey and it is wonderful. Can't wait to try it on a smoked/grilled chicken.

Top Bottom