Kona Coffe rubbed ribs and Cajun rib tips

FLBentRider

I usually do baby backs, my family prefers them over spare ribs. Spare ribs were on sale, so I decided to take a crack at the St Louis cut. My trimming skills need a little work, but practice still tastes great!

On the MAK @250F with 100% Hickory
DSC_1353.jpg

I mopped them a couple of times with rice wine vinegar.

After a few hours I gave them some Foil Love.

Ready!
DSC_1354.jpg

I decided to reduce the foil love drippings into a sauce:
DSC_1355.jpg

DSC_1356.jpg

I boiled it down until it was half the original volume, about 20 minutes.

I have noticed with the foil love you need to go a little heavier on the rub, it tends to wash off a little.

These were good. The Kona rub is definitely not sweet, but the brown sugar in the FL brought some subtle sweetness to the party.

The Cajun rub on the tips was an experiment that turned out great, I'll be using that as the rib rub next time.
DSC_1362.jpg

DSC_1363.jpg

DSC_1359.jpg

DSC_1361.jpg

DSC_1360.jpg

shelly

The ribs look great and the photo essay makes for an enjoyable read.

When you speak of foil love, is that just wrapping the ribs in foil, returning to the grill and then removing foil for a final crisping--the 3-2-1 method so many use?

I have never foiled ribs or anything else on the pellet grill.

One other note, it is frustrating to start a thread and not have anyone respond to it, seeing that I'm the first. It's the thread starters that are the life blood of any forum and all members should try to support each other as much as possible. Just my 2 cents.

Shelly

TentHunter

I'd already commented on these yesterday in the contest thread, but I think these are some of the best looking ribs I've seen you post.

I decided to reduce the foil love drippings into a sauce...

That was a great touch. The final color of those ribs is gorgeous! I really like that you tried the rib tips too. They look equally good to me. :cool:

Top Bottom