Sunday Brunch on the MAK

roburado

So, I got a craving for a Full English Breakfast. Unfortunately, I was getting home from work this morning without all the things I wanted and needed like white and black pudding and back bacon. I knew that we had some belly bacon, and some weisswurst. So, I figured I would just cook those up. I stopped at the grocery for some sweet potatoes and onions for some hash and got some tomatoes too.

First up, onions on the MAK Griddle.
4c70c95d-a4db-bba5.jpg

Next, the sweet potatoes after sweating the onions with bacon on the Frog Mat.
4c70c95d-a525-ffd8.jpg

As you can see, I think I might need a smaller Frog Mat for when I use the griddle.

Weisswurst and eggs.
4c70c95d-a57a-93f6.jpg

Finishing the weisswurst.
4c70c95d-a5c2-58f9.jpg

Brunch is served.
4c70c95d-a5f4-378b.jpg

4c70c95d-a617-b018.jpg

Goose, the cat is into it!
4c70c95d-a66f-3c47.jpg

4c70c95d-a681-7e44.jpg

Sorry for the lousy photos.

Last edited:

shelly

That's an ambitious meal for a Sunday morning. Well done and wish I was your neighbor.

Some questions: is the flame directly under the Mak griddle, which I assume replaces part of the grate (or does the griddle just lay on top of the grate?).

Do you precook the sweet potatoes?

And what temperature do you set the controller when using the griddle?

Thanks. I'm considering a Mak as my next pellet grill but still have not seen one or know that much about them.

Shelly

roburado

Looks great!! You can cut that frog mat into quarters to make it easier to mix/match..

Thanks, Squirt. I was thinking of doing that, but I figured I'd keep this mat whole in case I wanted to roll something like a meatloaf, a fattie, etc. I think I'll grab another mat and divide it.

That's an ambitious meal for a Sunday morning. Well done and wish I was your neighbor.

Some questions: is the flame directly under the Mak griddle, which I assume replaces part of the grate (or does the griddle just lay on top of the grate?).

Do you precook the sweet potatoes?

And what temperature do you set the controller when using the griddle?

Thanks. I'm considering a Mak as my next pellet grill but still have not seen one or know that much about them.

Shelly
Yeah. Griddle was over the flame zone. For most of the cook I was at around 340F in an attempt not to burn the butter too much. Before I started, I preheated the MAK to 400F. Then, I brought it down. Later, as I got a bit pressed for time and as the eggs had finished, I cranked it back to 400 to finish my sausages on the griddle.

I did not precook the sweet potatoes.

Chili Head

I love breakfast and could eat it any time of day. Yours is making me want a griddle too!

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roburado

I love breakfast and could eat it any time of day. Yours is making me want a griddle too!

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! So far, I love the griddle. Couldn't think of a better way to inaugurate it than to make breakfast!

TentHunter

Man, Sweet Potato Hash Browns... Now that's something I am definitely gonna have to try.

Looks great!

Last edited:

CarterQ

That looks awesome! Man I gotta try breakfast on the MAK, my pelletcooking bucket list is going to need another bucket pretty soon!

Top Bottom