Fruit Crisp

Deb

For you Sparky:D I just throw stuff together but I found a few recipes to give me some guidelines - I didn't think a handful of brown sugar and a handful of oatmeal was going to get us to the same place since I have a feeling that your hands are larger than mine;)

Fruit Crisp (I did Apple and Blueberry/Peach)

I did two smaller pans but the directions here are for a 9x9 pan.

topping:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 tsp cinnamon

stir together all topping ingredients except the butter , then cut the butter in with a fork or pastry blender until it is a crumbly mixture

filling:
6 or 7 cups fruit
flour - I just sprinkle some over the fruit - juicier fruits will need more. 1/4 to 1/2 cup
sugar - 1/2 to 1 cup -- I use brown sugar with most but you can also use white sugar , sweeter fruits will need less
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of lemon juice
sometimes I add about a tsp of lemon zest

mix together the filling ingredients and put in a greased 9x9 pan

top with the topping mixture

photo-44.jpg

bake at 350 until bubbling and top is lightly browned - 45 minutes to an hour

photo-45.jpg

photo-37-1.jpg

it's great served with ice cream. I also like to take a good sized spoonful and put it on some plain yogurt for breakfast.

sparky

yes, this will be made this next weekend in our house. i like the fruit. my favorite kinda cobbler. ty deb. :)

TentHunter

Oh Deb, those looks good!

Perfect timing too; I bought some peaches and want to make a Peach Melba crisp and wanted a good recipe as a guidline.

CarterQ

Awesome dessert there Deb! Late season peaches are some of the most flavorful of the year. Thanks for the recipe, definitely will give this a try.

Top Bottom