Sneak Peak of the proto Exchangable Drip pan/Flame zone for the one star

Big Poppa

Administrator
Here is the proto bob sent and Mak Momma must have designed it because it is brilliant....
DSCF0157.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0158.jpg

Absolutely Lovin it!
DSCF0164.jpg

jimsbarbecue

no foil

I have the two star one and have been cooking on just like normal with great success. The full size flame zone is great for serving a load of burgers or steaks. The solid pan I have NOT foiled because it can effect the heat if not done right. Because of the design it is easy to scrap clean.

MAK DADDY

Looks extra shinny, bet that won't last long!
We have already changed the vent patterns and the depth, keep the feedback coming testers :)

TentHunter

I am liking how this is shaping up!

Question: When these are available will it be more cost effective ordering that option as an upgrade with a new 1 Star rather than adding it later?

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

I have been cooking everyday items on this new flame zone. First go round was using the full size flame zone. Second time around just the blank pan insert, with the same foods. I must say having the full size flame zone is like a wood fired grill. I didn't think that having a full size flame zone would be that much better then using the normal flame zone area of the MAK 2 star as built. I was wrong it does come in handy. I have used the flame zone cover on the full size to have a 2/3 size flame zone sometimes. We have two of the MAK searing grates which allowed us to cook with the entire grill as a sear/grill zone.

MAK DADDY

I am liking how this is shaping up!

Question: When these are available will it be more cost effective ordering that option as an upgrade with a new 1 Star rather than adding it later?

For now it will only be an optional accessory, it's fairly expensive due to the configuration and all the materials/welding.

SmokinMAK

Here is another teaser for you all. I have the full-width flame zone and the full blank pan. I use both exclusively now - my original hardware is relegated to the garage. Great sear using the full width flame zone and the MAK searing grates. I have done 2 spatchcock chickens on there with excellent results. Did some spare ribs and some beef roasts on the blank pan weekend before last, and it came out great!
IMG_0950.jpg

Top Bottom