Beef, mushrooms, onions and smoke...

FLBentRider

A Beef Round Sirlion, a little under 11 lbs
DSC_1367.jpg

Keeping it simple - Kosher Salt, Pepper, granulated garlic, and a little cayenne for some kick
DSC_1368.jpg

On to the MAK @225F with Cookingpellets perfect Mix
DSC_1369.jpg

About 7 hours later, I boated it with some Onions, Mushrooms and a generous amount of Merlot. I then covered with foil and back onto the MAK.
DSC_1371.jpg

About 2 hours later, I rested the roast and poured what was left in the pan into a pot on the stove to reduce a bit
DSC_1372.jpg

DSC_1373.jpg

I sliced it and served with the sauce, thickened a little with some cornstarch.
DSC_1374.jpg

DSC_1375.jpg

DSC_1376.jpg

It was excellent. The Bark had excellent bite and the interior was tender and juicy. I started out looking for a Burgundy wine (Beef Burgundy ala MAK was what I wanted to call this), I went with the Merlot ( a 2009 Woodbridge)

ACW3

FLB,
You're killing me! That looks, and sounds, wonderful. I will be traveling off and on for the next couple of weeks. I may have to have a go at your Merlot Beef.

Art

sparky

dude, ya da man w/ beef my friend. you always come up w/ cool stuff that you do w/ beef. most impressive. :cool:

TentHunter

I love mushrooms but can't eat them. And I have to tell you, those mushrooms in the Merlot sauce look so good sitting on top of that beef its pure torture!

FLBentRider

What temp did you boat and pull at, or did you go by time only?

It was somewhere in the 170's when I boated it, and I forgot to check the temp after boating, it was time to serve. I could probably gone another couple of hours. I meant to get it in early (like sixish) but that was not in the cards, it was more like 8ish.

Top Bottom