I know it cam smoke but?

Meat Man

We did our first smoke last night. The MAK 2 Star really did impress, I've been using a Treager for the last four years and I have been relatively pleased with the results. One complaint drying out the meats on long smokes. The MAK has a variable speed fan, which I think will help, less mopping/spraying. The other is it's inability to properly grill. Well check out the MAK using the searing grate.

The MAK took about 20 mins to heat up to 490 degrees.

Gotta work on those grill marks.

Not really used to grilling at such a high temp with thinner cuts, a little guessing as to doneness.

A little more done than we like, but what great flavor. Moist and juicy DELICIOUSNESS!
It's all about the MEAT man!

Last edited:

Chili Head

I can almost smell it from here! Looks tasty! 
The flame zone pretty much sold me on the MAK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobbit

Great cook. Nothing the matter with your grill marks. I foil the drip pan but I punch through the foil all of the hold in the flame zone.

SmokinMAK

Meat Man - I've taken to using just a light coating of Worcestershire sauce before I add my Big Poppas Double Secret, and some garlic pepper. The sugar in the sauce will help it carmelize a little more giving better sear marks, and adds a great flavor (don't go overboard with it).

Below are a couple of steaks that were medium rare when pulled. Good sear, good carmelization, and nice and pink in the middle.
IMG_0950.jpg

Top Bottom