going to a party

sparky

welp, my wife's friend invited us to come over to watch some college football games this afternoon.

mrs spark: ok, what can i bring?

friend: well, is your husband bbqing this weekend?

mrs spark: he can, i haven't asked him yet.

friend: well, a couple of pork butts and some ribs would be nice.

mrs spark: ok, what time do you need the food?

friend: plz come over at around 3pm or so.

mrs spark: it would be best if you had a case of FT on ice when we come. maybe some jim beam too. he might not be in a good mood after i tell him he has to cook a bunch of food on his day off and not get paid for it. (smart woman).

away we go..... i started last night.

P9030014.jpg

onto #336 @ 225º.

P9030016.jpg

nighty night little pork butts. don't let the bed bugs bite.....

P9090005.jpg

woke up and no espresso at home. off the get my fix. grande dry quad cappuccino and a undertow (2 shots floated over 1/2 and 1/2, yummy).

P9100015.jpg

quality control photo.

P9100030.jpg

walked out of the house w/ 3 FT's (only beer i had, kids drank my apple juice (when are they moving)) and my wife ask "what ya doing dear?". well, the pork butts are done and they get some FT while they are resting in coolers. i don't think it would be fair if i don't have a FT w/ them. mrs spark: dear, it's only 8:15 in the morning. i'm on holiday (when i am on holiday (vacation) or camping i like to have a nice cold FT in the morning. she said ok.

wow, cold FT on the morning is real good. dead soldier on the field. medic, medic. a little FT and soileau's for the butt and a little FT for the old guy.

P9100033.jpg

time for some rest.

P9100039.jpg

pulled, bagged and juices saved.

P9100058.jpg

party con't.....

sparky

party cont.....

rib time boys & girls.

this is what my wife gave me to cook.

P9040013.jpg

7 racks get LL w/P and 1 rack gets soileua's.

P9040020.jpg

ya baby, look how nice #336 looks all fulled up. #336 is @ 275º as always.

P9040031.jpg

flipped at some point.

P9040047.jpg

some FL going on 7 racks.

P9040055.jpg

got some love going on here.

P9040059.jpg

look at the color of the cajun one after FL.

P9040068.jpg

picture of the little louie one after some FL.

P9040071.jpg

well, all packed up and off we go. don't wait up for us. old spark fills like partying tonight.

:cool:

Rip

Haha, love the smoked cappuccino! Nice cook Sparky, wish you were coming to my house with that haul!

HogSmoker

Sparky your too kind ! :) And a question you cooked them on your 336 and got 8 slaps on. Could or can you get 8 on your 63 if not how many could you put on ur 1 star ? Thanks

sparky

Sparky your too kind ! :) And a question you cooked them on your 336 and got 8 slaps on. Could or can you get 8 on your 63 if not how many could you put on ur 1 star ? Thanks

i can cook 10 racks on my 2 star but like cooking 8. 8 racks on the 1 star but 6 is more my liking
P6190033.jpg
. fits better. my mak rib rack can cook 5 racks separated if i am cooking dry ribs. i don't like them touching. i really prefer to cook my ribs flat.

P6190019.jpg

eight on my 1 star.

P6190017.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:

BBQ Joe

Spark, you are an inspiration! I am doing my first comp this coming weekend against some guys from my golf club. We are all doing baby's. I plan to follow your technique pretty close, will have to find some ft's. I will post pictures next week.

sparky

yep, they had a case of Ft on ice and a pint of jim beam just for me. i had a great time. needless to say the wife drove home. dude, if anyone wants me to come over and cook for them just let me know. you all know the rules. FT & jim beam. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom