Warped heat diffuser

Patrick_CT

While cleaning my Mak 2 star I have noticed that the heat diffuser has become more and more warped. I am not sure if this is normal or could have adverse effects on the even heat distribution inside the grill.

DSC09348.jpg

DSC09349.jpg

As you can see with 3 points on the deck the other corner is pretty far out of level.

Ideas if this is an issue?

Thanks

DolphinLvr

I have the same issue. Thanks for the photos as I have not gotten around to taking any as of yet

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Chili Head

Mine is the same way. It don't seem to effect the performance any at least in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

mine is the same way on my 2 star. it's worse on my 1 star heat diffuser, alot worse. i'm not really worried about it. and if i am i just call mak daddy. he's pretty cool. he always takes the time to talk to me when i have a problem. okie dokie. :cool:

Rip

This is normal and shouldn't cause any problems....you can always do the biscuit test to see if your having extreme hot spots...always good to know which areas of your cooker are the hottest.

MAK DADDY

A little distortion is absolutely normal, the purpose of the diffuser is to keep direct heat from warping your grease pan :) It takes all the abuse and disperses the flame to even out the heat somewhat before getting to the grease pan above which does the rest. Without the diffuser your grease pan would look like a crater!

SmokinMAK

Patrick - I've had my MAK 2 star for over a year, and have done a lot of high-temp cooks on it. My diffuser is the same as yours, and it does not affect the performance at all.

Top Bottom