BPS needs redemption

Red

Well after a less than stellar competition in Mesquite a couple of weeks ago, and several canceled competitions BPS has added another cook to the schedule. We will be at competitions the next three weekends in a row.

This weekend we will be in Cameron Park, CA. It is a little bit of a drive but we need to get some more comps in so it is worth it. Lets just hope we don't get the same judges we had at the Sams Club comp. ouch...

Next weekend we will be in Dana Point, CA. We are all looking forward to this comp. Good weather, nice and close to us, the girls and kids are coming, and best of all we are bringing the Smoke Mobile out of moth balls. It blew an engine at the first comp this year and has now been repaired and is ready to roll!

The third weekend in this stretch is the Royal. The Royal kind of speaks for its self. The biggest competition, the biggest parties, this is what bbq is all about.

See some of you guys out there!

jimsbarbecue

Good Luck. Really was looking forward to going to the Dana Point one. The next few weeks instead of BBQ we are doing weddings. I ask who has a wedding during BBQ and football season. As for the Royal I would like to go there one day.
Good News that the Smoke Mobile is road worthy again.
Cook what you know and all will be good. Don't let a few judges change your methods that have done well for the team.

lancaster%20bbq-2010_0034_std.jpg

Rip

Good luck Team BPS! You guys know you are good, and you should have some good karma coming!

Matt Dalton

Well after a less than stellar competition in Mesquite a couple of weeks ago, and several canceled competitions BPS has added another cook to the schedule. We will be at competitions the next three weekends in a row.

This weekend we will be in Cameron Park, CA. It is a little bit of a drive but we need to get some more comps in so it is worth it. Lets just hope we don't get the same judges we had at the Sams Club comp. ouch...

Next weekend we will be in Dana Point, CA. We are all looking forward to this comp. Good weather, nice and close to us, the girls and kids are coming, and best of all we are bringing the Smoke Mobile out of moth balls. It blew an engine at the first comp this year and has now been repaired and is ready to roll!

The third weekend in this stretch is the Royal. The Royal kind of speaks for its self. The biggest competition, the biggest parties, this is what bbq is all about.

See some of you guys out there!
Good luck up north guys!..we will see you and the smoke mobile out at Dana Point..It's gonna be a tough one for sure then again when is it not tough?

Big Poppa

Administrator
hey matt what was up with the chicken judges in Mesquite...We got hammered, you got hammered and vince got hammered...the three of us usually do pretty well in chicken

Candy Sue

Good luck, BPS! Just stick to your program and pace yourselves. After doing three in a row by myself, number 3 was really really hard. And you really are doing 2 contests at the Royal, the invitational and the open. Again, good luck and safe travels.

Matt Dalton

hey matt what was up with the chicken judges in Mesquite...We got hammered, you got hammered and vince got hammered...the three of us usually do pretty well in chicken

I really have no clue!..the scoring was really tight is what I did notice..I think 10 points separated 7-23..if I remember right..well we just gotta keep cooking our game plans!.good luck up there and hopefully you won't land on any weird tables..those nor cal judges have been known to score really low..Dave Malone WON Ribstock up there last year with a 611 overall..that score might get you like 25th or lower down here..oh well that's how it goes

Last edited:

HoDeDo

Jody -- I know you guys will be back with a vengeance. I think everything coming out of your site was sound @ Mesquite, Mix a bad table and a meat issue, and the scores don't tell the whole story... Flavors were there! We'll be cheering for you!

Can't wait to see you guys at the royal!!!

sparky

they is one in placerville and alot in cameron park. they is one 2 on coach lane, green valley road, south center blvd, town center blvd. theres 5. does brad and joe want me to bring them some ice coffees unsweetened? what for dinner on friday or saturday. you guys want me to bring some FT's. did brad get his gold card after i bought him a card to get started? if it is ok i would like to see ya'll and maybe eat some of your excellent food? bring shorts, its warm. :)

scooter

will do my best to give the scores the Ribstock entries deserve. Always do. Will stop by and say hi and wish you guys good luck!

Red

Well the Cameron Park competition worked out well for us. We will be in Dana Point this weekend, and we hope to keep the good mojo going. Nice size comp with 48 teams, and tons of tough competition, we will need the A game at this one. Should be fun.

This is our last competition before the long haul out to Kansas City for the American Royal. Can't wait to see that spectacle...

Top Bottom