Shepherds Pie with Gruyere Popovers

bflodan

One of my favorites, haven't made in quite awhile...The popovers where a new try...Saw a popover tray at Williams Sonoma and I thought a cupcake tin would work just as well.... Made the SP with turkey to make the wife happy...It really comes out great that way...

Started with all the usual ingredients, at least that I use, made the meat mixture and let simmer for a bit...Potatoes where yukon golds mashed with cream, butter, fresh parm and a couple egg yolks...Meat mixture was turkey, grated onion and carrot, red wine, chicken broth, worsterchesire, tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, garlic and some more fresh parm...

001-13.jpg

003-13.jpg

004-13.jpg

005-15.jpg

Popovers where just warm milk, 3 eggs and some sifted flour and salt mixed up and into the cupcake tins and topped with fresh gruyere cheese...

007-13.jpg

Those went on the MAK first at 400 after 15min spun them around and then put on the Pies and let them go for about another 30min..

021-2.jpg

Done!!

041-4.jpg

042-2.jpg

047.jpg

Excellent meal!! The popovers where a great surprise...Very light and puffy and a ton of gruyere taste....Ill be doing these more often!!

ACW3

Haven't thought about SP in a long time. It sure looks good. And those popovers... What can I say.

Art

Top Bottom