Rump Roast anyone?

Deimatt

Rump Roast anyone? UPDATED! PICS ADDED!!

Has anyone ever done a Rump Roast on the MAK? Supermarket had them on a great sale so I picked one up thinking I can cook it?

I have no idea what to do..I was thinking prep it..Then maybe smoke for 30 minutes..then bring it up to 325 til the internal was to my liking? Flame Zone Cover on?

Any ideas would be great.

:D:D

Last edited:

FLBentRider

What is your target IT?

If you are going for rare/medium rare/medium , then I would lower the temp to about 200/225 - It will take longer, but it will be cooked more evenly.

If you are going the "pulled beef" route (IT of 185+) then you can stay with 325 if you like.

Deimatt

Definitely trying not to do a pulled beef. So I will lower down to the 200/225 and go for med rare!! Thank you so much for the input..Would you have any guess how long it might take? It is about a 3lb'r.

Thanks!!

FLBentRider

It's pretty lean, I'm thinking about 4 hours, maybe less.

Keep an eye on the IT, it will climb past where you want it in a hurry. (been there, overcooked that)

Deimatt

Okay it came out beautiful! The pics look great but the flash of the camera takes out some of that perfect colored med/rare red. Thanks so much for the help..Devoured!!
Prep
855-rumproastprep.jpg

Finish
854-rumproastdone.jpg

Cut
856-rumproastcut2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom