Southeast Asian-Inspired Shrimp with Grilled Veggies

roburado

A few days ago, I was feeling the need for seafood. What did we have in the freezer? Shrimp. What did we have in the fridge? Broccoli, asparagus, and scallions.

So, here's what I did.

1. Took some lemongrass and sliced it. I grated some ginger. I grated some garlic. I zested and juiced some key limes.
IMG_1810.jpg

2. I marinated the shrimp. I took the above ingredients, some fish sauce--what Filipino's might call "patis"--some crushed red chili flakes, salt and pepper, and a little lemon juice and let it all sit while I got the veggies done.
IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1813-1.jpg

3. Scallions with garlic olive oil, salt and pepper. Asparagus with the same. Broccoli with the same plus some low-sodium soy sauce.

4. Asparagus on the grill grates.
IMG_1822.jpg

5. Grilled the hell out of the scallions. Foil love in the smoker box to steam with some 25 year-aged balsamic vinegar from Zingerman's and some juice of half a lemon.
IMG_1823.jpg

6. Broccoli on the grill grates after that. Shrimp on to skewers.

7. Shrimp on to grill grates.
IMG_1826.jpg

About six minutes later.
IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

Finished Product:
IMG_1834.jpg

TentHunter

Lemon Grass & fish sauce; you definitely have a Thai or Vietnamese theme going on there. Very nice!

I love the flavor of fish sauce.

roburado

That looks great Rob! Lot of flavors going on there.

Thanks, Rip!

"Grill the h*ll out of the scallions" I love it!

Fantastic flavors and colors on that plate.

Thanks! It was really tasty! I should take better pics instead of these phone pictures, though.

Lemon Grass & fish sauce; you definitely have a Thai or Vietnamese theme going on there. Very nice!

I love the flavor of fish sauce.

Yeah. I just happened to have most of those ingredients on hand, and the lemongrass was meant for a Filipino chicken recipe, which I just didn't have time to do in the end. So, I opted to repurpose the lemongrass for this. I didn't really intend to go Thai/Vietnamese with anything. That was just dictated by what I had in the house.

CarterQ

Love this cook, great flavors. The shrimp reminds of the great food you find being cooked by vendors on the streets of Bangkok.

sparky

dude, fantastic meal. lots of cool colors and textures. i bet it was real tasty. its look good from here partner. ;)

Top Bottom