First Comp

BBQ Joe

Some of my golf buddies I decided to have a little comp at the club to see who could make the best baby backs. I went with Sparky's recipe and they turned out great. Won by a narrow margin. (won some side bet money) Also did some ABT's and they were gone before I could try one myself. Lots of fun was had and also a few beverages. Not alot else to do while waiting! We all used different techniques which was fun to see. There was a lot of interest in my MAK. Might even see a sale or two come out of this. We are going to make this an annual event and more of the guys were very interested in getting into pellet smoking. Thanks all for great inspiration!

sparky

i like it partner. one mak and 3 traeger. the food in the maks looks great. heh, how did you like the bad byrons butt rub. i have been wanted to try it. nice spread. :)

BBQ Joe

I have used Bad Byrons longer than any other rub and like the mix. Just a little heat works well with the brown sugar and honey. I am going to use some LL/P for the next ones I do though.

Top Bottom