Praline Bacon Acorn Squash with a side of Surf & Turf

TentHunter

My GrillGrates arrived Friday and I wanted to give them a try ASAP, so we picked up some sirloins & shrimp. The Mrs. spied one of her favorite fall veggies Acorn Squash, so I figured "Why not? I can figure out something with them on the pellet smoker.

Here goes...

The acorn squash cut in half and turned up-side-down on a rack over-top a pan of water. Baked at about 300° for 45 minutes.
STAS01.JPG

About 30 minutes into the cook the steaks were seasoned with some Little Louise w/black pepper & added to the perimeter to catch some smoke (Oak/Black Walnut mix).
STAS02.JPG

When the steaks reached the desired temp they were pulled and I added a mixture of Brown Sugar, Chopped Pecans & Crumbled Bacon to the acorn squash. They went back in the smoker while I heated up the GrillGrates for a reverse sear on the steaks.
STAS03.JPG

Some pre-cooked shrimp were loaded onto a FireWire skewer and hit with some Smoking Guns Sweat Heat. Man is that stuff good on shrimp!
STAS04.JPG

Stoven meets GrillGrates for the first time.
STAS05.JPG

Done and plated.
STAS06.JPG

STAS07.JPG

Now I have to tell you, as good as the steak & shrimp both were, the real star of this show was the Praline Bacon Acorn Squash.

Tender with a light smokiness paired with the sweet & salty crunch of the Brown Sugar, Bacon & Pecans, then finished with a creamy dollop of butter, this was absolutely the best acorn squash I have ever eaten. This dish will be added to my repertoire for sure!
STAS08.JPG

Thanks!

Top Bottom