Brisket and Butt

bflodan

Decided to do my first Brisket this weekend so I started small with a 7 pounder and also threw a 9lb Butt on.... Figured if I jacked up the brisket we would at least have some good pork shoulder.... My MAK couldnt have picked a better time to blow a rod... Thanks to BP and everyone who responded for the tips on how to bypass the ignitor and still get her lit...

Used a CT glue on both and Plowboys with Little Louies w pepper on the Brisket and some Plowboys and Obie Cues on the Butt Onto the MAK on smoke for 1.5hrs then bumped to 220

018-6.jpg

This morning about 8 hrs later

020-5.jpg

021-3.jpg

Went easy and grabbed a large can of Bushes Baked Beans then added a little of my own and onto the mak for a couple hrs..

028-8.jpg

Pulled the Brisket at 198, foiled it at 170, it took about 14.5hrs... Thought that was a little long... Pulled my pork at the same temp...The Butt stalled forever at 178... Total time on that was about 16hrs..

031-7.jpg

032-5.jpg

036-4.jpg

Made some sliders on Hawaiian sweet rolls with the Brisket, homade cole slaw and some Blues Hog sauce....It was really good...I do think I need some work on my Brisket not much of a smoke ring but it was sooo tender it just fell apart...The pork is always a no fail, you really cant mess that up!!!

038-4.jpg

AND THE BILLS WON!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A DAY!!

TentHunter

The best of both worlds; Brisket AND pork butt. You can't go wrong with that!

...Went easy and grabbed a large can of Bushes Baked Beans then added a little of my own and onto the mak for a couple hrs..

Nothing wrong with at all my friend. They look good!

Top Bottom