Problem cleaning my MAK 2

BudGarrison

So I have this problem getting my MAK clean. Here is what happens:

1) We get home from work starving.
2) We open the fridge and the conversation goes something like this:
ME: "We have (beef/chicken/pork/fish/veggies), you could put in the oven/on the stove"
The Wife: "that would heat up the kitchen, why don't YOU fry/grill/smoke/bake it on the MAK"
ME: "great idea" (notice how this works into her not cooking....)
3) I go to start up the MAK and think, I can probably get 1 more cook in before I need to clean it again. I'll clean it after dinner when it cools down.
4) I cook, have a beer, eat too much good food off the MAK and fall asleep in a food coma.

Next day, go to step 1

How do I break the cycle......

Rip

Teach your wife to clean the MAK? :) :D.

Seriously, at step 2 you announce it should be something with a short cooking time because you need to clean the grill FIRST. (Been there done that)

Last edited:

So Cal Smoker

Your MACK shows you a lot of love by putting out all that wonderful food, can't you show a little love once a week and clean her out? Start by picking a day that's best for cleaning your baby, then stick to it. Have a couple of beers while cleaning her, you may find the chore an enjoyable and relaxing one. What the hell after a couple beers it may be fun.

sparky

i clean my maks up every friday afternoon. get out of work clothes and have a FT and relax. then a FT and clean my maks. FT then put food on. FT and wait for food. i love fridays. :)

mrbbq

Hi---I schedule about 60-90 minutes to clean my MAK #26 every month. Sunday's are my only "me" day, so I do it Sunday morning. One thing I have learned, is that by regularly cleaning the grids, they are far easier to keep in like new condition, rather than letting them get all crusty and gunky.
I replace the foil on my drip pan every couple of weeks. Then once a month, really hit it good with some elbow grease.
Also---one neat trick for keeping the grease bucket tidy, is to put a spaghetti sauce jar into it, and make sure the end of the grease chute feeds into the neck of the jar. When the jar gets full of drippings, put on the lid and then replace the jar. It's that easy

Top Bottom