Brisket #1 on MAK 2-Star #590

roburado

So, De Bebe said earlier this week, let's do a brisket this weekend. I was busy Saturday. So, what was left was Sunday. I did get to pick it up last night, though. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to it earlier. So, here I am starting in the early afternoon. Hopefully, it won't take forever. It's only 3.8 lbs. So, hopefully, it won't take 12 hours or something. Going to go with the Texas Crutch with my own version of some foil love.

Started off with some garlic EVOO glue. Then, I rubbed with some cayenne and the BPS DSSR and Little Louie's.
IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

On to the MAK at 250F with fat side up. Will report back later.

roburado

Happily, the cook time seemed to be about an hour per pound--not something longer. Resting now. Waiting for De Bebe to come home.

Last edited:

Rip

Nothing wrong with a little FTM....as long as the foil doesn't leak. :) Keep up posted.

roburado

Here it is!
IMG_1952.jpg

Holy smoke ring!
IMG_1955.jpg

All sliced up for eating and for storage.
IMG_1958.jpg

De Bebe's plate with her squash steamed with orange juice, salt, pepper, and butter. She loved the meal! :D That's the best part! :D
IMG_1959.jpg

ACW3

NICE!!! I keep seeing all these briskets being done. It may be time for me to do one again. My mouth is watering.

Art

Top Bottom