Whoa. I did it. MAK 2 star heading to 5280 feet!

bub

Holy geez! I'm kind of in shock. Excited. Spinning. Whoa. That was some serious coin.

I can't even wait to get started on my new MAK! And here I thought that after I made the decision on which model to buy, my decisions would be over for a little while. Ha! Now to decide 1st cook... probably something simple. Apple-smoked bacon? Maybe I'll nix the simple and go for a packer brisket.

What y'all think?

Chili Head

You gotta do some bacon first :D Then some ABT's and then that brisket! Show us some pics though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TentHunter

Yeah Baby!

It shall hence forth be known as the "Mile-High MAK"

I say do bacon over top of the brisket and eat it as a snack while waiting for the brisket to finish!

Rip

Congrats Bub! You can decide what to do for the first cook while you're waiting for delivery. :)

bub

Congrats partner. Bacon or a fattie. You are going to love it. ;)

A fattie is intriguing, never done one before. Up to this point it's been pretty standard fare; brisket, ribs, BB, bird, etc. Perhaps a fattie and some cornbread casserole.

And TentHunter, roger on the 'Mile High MAK' - I dig that. AHHHH! I can't even wait!!

MAK DADDY

Congrats!
Between you and me one of the MAK owners bleeds Orange and Blue :)
Thanks you for buying American made as we all bleed Red White and Blue!

Patrick_CT

Congrats Bub! I like the idea of the bacon over the brisket.. hahaha. a fattie is also something to enjoy... makes me hungry just thinking about it.

bub

Received a phone call from UPS this afternoon - expecting delivery on Thursday! A shout out to Big Poppa for rockin', speedy service!

It's funny... whereas I felt as though I had married off one of my daughters when I sold the log-burner; now I feel as though I am expecting a new child! Ha!

Gonna be gettin' down like a clown this weekend.:cool:

bub

and.. did u get it and what did u cook?

Thanks for asking, Patrick. I did get it (#637). I assembled the unit and while doing the test burn noticed that the powdercoating was blistering and smoking. I shut her down and after it cooled, I looked inside and noticed that the interior was coated with a thick white smoke residue from the burning powdercoat. Didn't seem safe to cook on.

I read JimmyDings post and it appears I am experiencing the same thing so I shot an email to Mak Daddy and am waiting to here back. They seem like a solid company so I'm not to concerned.

When I do get to cook, I'm breaking in with some apple smoked bacon, then a pizza, then some ribs, and then a few dozen wings. Ought to be a nice little break in session :)

Other than the powdercoating issue, the MAK is beautifully built unit. It's pretty obvious that they have been in the sheetmetal industry for some time. And the pellet boss is way cool. After years of burning sticks, I couldn't believe how nice it was to just flip a switch and heat and smoke within 10 minutes. I can't wait to cook!!

bub

UPDATE

Heard back from from Mak Daddy this morning, everything is being handled; and handled well.

One of the main reasons I chose to buy a MAK was the way in which I've seen them take care of their customers on this forum. To anyone searching for their perfect pellet smoker, I recommend 'customer service' as heavily weighted criteria.

In manufacturing and sales, stuff can always happen and some of it is out of the manufacturer's control. I've experienced this many times with my own business. What's most important is how the issue is rectified with the customer. So to anyone considering buying a MAK, please know that I have zero regret in my decision to purchase one. It's a superbly built unit coupled with excellent customer service/support. I can't wait to get one greasy!

Top Bottom