New Mak 2 Star #628

JimmyDings

Ok life is good. Took delivery of # 628 Tuesday and first let me say Wow Wow Wow, I've never seen ANYTHING package as well as this.

Assembled as per the instructions which were great and did my test burn!

My one concern is that I set the set point to high and ran unit up over 500 degrees and ran for over 30 minutes as per instructions, I noticed after cool down that I had a significant among of dust (I assume sawdust) though out the fire box.

Did I do something wrong? I had placed pellets into a tupperware container and poured directly into the hopper. Alot of dust in the hopper which did not burn off and was moved around and into the firebox by the fan. Any ideas to prevent this?

Additionally, have quite a bit of black paint blister and bubble from the high temps during the initial burn. Although I will assume this is going to happen because of temps and a painted surface.

Planning on cooking a boneless pork loin Sunday. I thought i was going to have time off, but did not work out that way to cook sooner......going to make another post for cooking ideas as I have to admit I feel totally lost

Ty in advance for the ideas
Jim aka JimmyDings

MAK DADDY

Yes the ash is normal, it pushes it out of the pot while burning via the fan.
The paint however is not normal, we have had 2 others report your problem from a batch of bad powder.
Please contact me so we can get some more info and have a plan to keep a close eye on it!
Bob
[email protected]

JimmyDings

NEW computer and new camera.....working on getting everything set up. But I have taken pics and have them on ...memory card

Mak Daddy, I'll email you......ty

Jim aka JimmyDings

Rip

Hey JD, just teasing, I know your plates full right now, (pun intended), enjoy the journey, sharing pics can come later!

JimmyDings

Well people's sorry to say the journey is on hold for now. After speaking with Bob from Mak, He felt it better to ship another unit to me and be able to look at 628 while it is still fresh.

Yes I am sort of bummed, but thrilled to death at the customer service from MAK. ANY company going to the lengths that MAK is, is certainly worth dealing with. Bob, was very apologetic and was concerned about the 1st impression that I had. I don't know alot about cooking low and slow, but I do know I only wanna do it on a MAK 2 Star. Maybe the initial dealings with 628 did not go as planned, but I look forward to a long happy life with what ever serial number ends up at my home. Just hope it is not 666! Can u picture that one?

Again Mak Daddy, you people are tops in my book. And my 1st impression is the same as it was before......awesome company and awesome product......can't wait to taste what it produces!

God Bless 628.....she is dedicating herself to the cause to ensure everyone has the top of the line in pellet fired smokers.

She looked so good with her cute cover in my garage, we will miss her!
Best Wishes, Jim aka JimmyDings

Rip

Wow, sorry to hear that Jim. I'm glad to hear (and not surprised at all) that Bob is taking care of you.

JimmyDings

I am tickled at the way Bob's handled this. It's better they get to the bottom of the issue, probally nothing serious, but the impression I got was that Bob did not want to take any chances, and makes sure it was just a paint issue. A true class act and company. Hey maybe 666 would be a good unit to have......if they get up that high that quick, means sales are going well! Niceeeeeeeeeeeee!
Jim

Top Bottom