Buffalo Back Ribs w/ Old Vine Zinfandel BBQ sauce

Deb

Buffalo Back Ribs w/ Old Vine Zinfandel BBQ sauce......

yesterday I made some bbq sauce - Old Vine BBQ sauce - it starts by reducing a bottle of Old Vine red zinfandel , adding some seedless blackberry jam, balsamic vinegar, ketchup, tomatoe paste, tabasco, a few spices

today .... whirled a rub around in the spice grinder - rosemary, black peppercorns, paprika, granulated garlic, kosher salt

applied it to a rack of buffalo back ribs (they were almost the size of the 1/2 sheet pan), let that sit while I got the pellet grill started...
photo-42-2.jpg

into the grill hopper filled with red wine soaked oak pellets
IMG_0525.jpg

just before foiling
IMG_0537.jpg

after foiling
IMG_0543.jpg

a little bbq sauce applied (look at the color, pretty isn't it)
IMG_0544.jpg

they went back into the grill for about 30 minutes

this was one of those cooks where the flavors came all together.... I was undecided about the sauce tasting it on it's own, the rub on the meat was pretty strong but all together it was perfect, it was all meant to be together

all plated
IMG_0548.jpg

ACW3

Deb,
That looks fantastic! I love buffalo any way you cook it. The sauce sounds fabulous as well. Great cook!

Art

Chili Head

Dang are you kidding me? That looks top notch! Wish I could taste it! My whole buffalo experience has been jerky only. I would love to try ribs or something else.
Looks great Deb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

nice. love the color of the ribs. love the bark on them. looks how big they are. huge. what a great cook there deb. vun da ba. :)

Deb

Looks great Deb.... Ive never had Buffalo Ribs before....What did you think???

they were awesome. I couldn't find much for cooking instructions so I used instructions for cooking beef back ribs & cut the cooking time since buffalo cooks faster - I hit the timing perfect, they were tender, moist and not falling off the bone (I'll be kicking myself next time for not taking notes).

I'm sure Susan will give her report, she stole some leftovers today;).

Top Bottom