Cider/Mustard Braised Chicken

bflodan

This is something tha we do a few times a year inside but thought we would try it on the MAK...Used the griddle to brown up some chicken pieces and followed by browning some apples...Deglazed the griddle with some hard cider and then wisked in some dijon mustard and placed the chicken and apples back in...

005-16.jpg

006-18.jpg

008-15.jpg

007-16.jpg

011-9.jpg

made some gruyere popovers wth milk, flour and eggs and topped with some fresh gruyere..

014-7.jpg

013-9.jpg

Let it ride for about 45 min at 350

016-7.jpg

027-8.jpg

cont......

bflodan

cont......

Served over some egg noodles with the remainder of the sauce that was thickend with a little heavy cream!!

036-5.jpg

Made some apple deserts with halved apples, butter, cinn, and brown sugar.... filled with butter mixture and wrapped in pie dough.... Cooked at 350 for about 40min then topped with ice cream and a carmel drizzle...

002-11.jpg

004-14.jpg

034-5.jpg

039-4.jpg

Dinner was delicious even though my Bills and Yankees both lost today!!!!

Chili Head

Very nice bflodan! I sure would like to have a piece of that chicken! :D looks really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky

wow. a fantastic cook partner. lot of stuff going on here. love the chicken. never seen it cooked like that. wouldn't mind a plate or 2. ya got milk right? ;)

TentHunter

I've done pork with apples more than once, but chicken with apples? Well, after seeing this let's just say it's going on my to do list.

Top Bottom