Which temp is right?

Buffalotom

This weekend I tried making BP' Party Potatoes. I set my Mak 2 at 400. After twenty minutes I checked and the temp gauge said 290. It never did go over 295. I moved it to the oven to finish them. Today, I looked at the forum and then cleaned the interior of the grill. Then I cranked it up to High. Still it did not go above 300. Then I put an oven thermometer in it right next to the probe. After 30 minutes the grills gauge showed 295. I opened up the grill and the oven thermometer showed 460. Is there a way to adjust the grill unit or is it right?
By the way BP, the potatoes were fantastic.

CarterQ

The first thing I would check is the temp probe on the grill, if it's not clean it won't read accurately. Try scrubbing with a scotch brite pad (being careful not to bend it) and see if that helps.

MAK DADDY

Perfect advice Carter :) The TC must be clean to get an accurate reading and the grease build up will affect it.
If you continue to have issues give us a call or email and we will help you get back on track :)

Buffalotom

Thanks Carter and Mak Daddy. If I can sneak out of my office to play, well to work, I will clean it and fire it up.

Buffalotom

Yep,
That solved the problem. Within thirty minutes it was at 450. One more step to add to my cleaning program, that is when I start one.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom