MAK 1 Star #171 - First Cook

TentHunter

OK Folks here's the first cook on MAK 1 star General #171.

My wife had the honor of firing it up for the first cook. She's been wanting a pellet cooker that lights itself with the push of a button. She's watched most of the MAK videos. A few minutes later #171 started putting out smoke and then roared to life.
1STCOOK1.JPG

Sparky said bacon for the first cook, The Mrs. wanted Tri-tip... I say why not both? ;)
1STCOOK2.JPG

We seasoned one tri-tip with some Little Louie's w/Black Pepper. The other was seasoned with some Soileau's (thanks Squirt) and some of Rip's homemade R.I.P. Hot Pepper (thanks Rip). I have to tell you this is some of the best red pepper I've ever had. Its hot and has a truly great smoky flavor. A little bit goes a long way, and just look at that label - LOL - I love it!
1STCOOK3.JPG

After the bacon came off some frozen corn with butter & Little Louie's went on. The steaks were pulled off at an internal temp of 143°. A dish of mashed potatoes went on with some cheddar and the crumbled bacon and I kicked the MAK up to High.
1STCOOK4.JPG

Ahhh... the finished shots.

The trip-tips were both sliced thick...
1STCOOK5.JPG

The potatoes got a sprinkling of chives...
1STCOOK6.JPG

...and both were served with the buttery, lightly smoky corn.
1STCOOK7.JPG

Nothing about this meal was difficult. It was simple food cooked on a great grill and it turned out delicious! Now I see why the MAK owners rave and I think this MAK is going to see a lot of love. :)

Thank you MAK Daddy for such a great product and Thank you Big Poppa for introducing me to the world of pellet smoking!

Cliff

Chili Head

Yeah you're hooked!! Lol
Nice looking grub bud!! Well done!
Wish i could get tri tips here..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACW3

Great start, Cliff. I can't wait to see a grill top full of homemade sausage. I'll bet I could smell the smoke in Morganton.

Art

HogSmoker

Yum Yum looking Tent ! Was you impressed about the amount of smoke it choo choo's out ? I was with mine !

TentHunter

...Was you impressed about the amount of smoke it choo choo's out?

Yessiree! But it's a great flavor-enhancing smoke.

With stick/charcoal burners it takes a while to learn how to consistently control the wood/charcoal fire so you get a clean burn & a light blueish controlled smoke. And it needs to be monitored.

The MAK gives you that clean smoke flavor with NONE of the work.

TentHunter

The wife's review... Two thumbs up!

very smart having the MRS slight the first fire!

Yes it was, because it really impressed her!

The wife and I are both really, and I mean really, impressed with this grill, but for some different reasons.

I can't get over how well built this thing is. Every little detail, every screw, every part is heavy duty & high quality. It really is built like a tank. They are worth every penny!

My wife can't get over the fact that it's as easy to start use as her oven. No messing with charcoal, no lighting the pellets manually, no muss, no fuss, and no dangerous "POOF" like you can get lighting gassers (she hates lighting gas grills).

She loves that you can set a temp and it goes to that temp and hold it within 5° or so. You don't have to keep checking & adjusting.

I can't wait to see what she does with this on her days off.

sparky

Cliff you're a lucky man. Not just because you have a new MAK but your wife is into the MAK also.

i would have to get 2 more 1 stars. i don't share well. their my maks. she would have to get her own. sorry dear. :(

the food looks great TH. you and the mrs did yourselves well. i am very happy for ya. i do fell sorry for the stoven. its going to get lonely. :(

Top Bottom