Sparky style ribs

LarryF

Going to try some saint lewis style ribs Sparky style.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LarryF

Instead of my usual Hickory I am going with Peach pellets. I rubbed them down with "Magic Dust" from "Peace, Love and Barbeque". Lots left over, but here is the recipe.
1/2 cup Paprika
1/4 cup Kosher salt
1/4 cup Sugar
2 TBS Mustard powder
1/4 cup Chili powder
1/4 cup Cumin
2 TBS black Pepper
1/4 cup granulated Garlic
2 TBS Cayenne

LarryF

1 hour in. I sprayed with Apple juice and turned over. I think I am suppose to go another hour before I foil.

sparky

Sorry, drove down to santa cruz. At parkers hot dogs enjoying a chicago dog. Might have 3. Wife thinks I'm nuts driving three hours for a hot dog. 275 is the temp. 1 hour spray and flip. 2 hour mark flip and spray. 3 hour mark some FL. One more hour with foil then unwrap. Then cook until toothpick test works. About 30 or 45 more minutes after foil. Got to go next hot dog is here.

LarryF

Freeking awesome! Best ribs I have had ever.
a6fa0076-f7eb-5b81.jpg

LarryF

Savory and sweet. I love it. The Brown Sugar isn't overwhelming. What a great accent to the spice. Great recipe!

Carter13

Sorry, drove down to santa cruz. At parkers hot dogs enjoying a chicago dog. Might have 3. Wife thinks I'm nuts driving three hours for a hot dog. 275 is the temp. 1 hour spray and flip. 2 hour mark flip and spray. 3 hour mark some FL. One more hour with foil then unwrap. Then cook until toothpick test works. About 30 or 45 more minutes after foil. Got to go next hot dog is here.

What is the toothpick test?

Top Bottom