Pizza night!

Deb

Pizza night!

I never make thin crust pizza and when I made the dough last night for tonight's pizza it wasn't what i was intending.......but I wasn't thinking and scaled the recipe for a 14" pan, mixed the dough, into the fridge for a long slow rise, took it out of the fridge today about 3 hours before i wanted to bake it. After an hour I pulled out the pan i wanted to use - it's 16", I don't have a 14" pan - dilemma - make a 14 inch pizza in the 16 pan or do a thin crust pizza - my intention was to do a mix of two New England pizza styles - Greek and Bar - the bar pizza has the cheese spread all the way out to the edge of the pan where it melts and browns and gets crispy. I decided to go 16" since I wanted to keep the brown, crusty cheese . Olive oil on the pan, dough spread out in the pan, it's thin, you can see the pan through the dough in a few spots
photo-43-1.jpg

brushed the dough with Annie's roasted garlic olive oil, covered with plastic wrap and let rise for about 2 hours

dough (so I will remember what I did:rolleyes:)
10.17 oz King Arthur Sir Lancelot flour
6.4 oz water
1/3 tsp instant yeast
1.5 tsp salt
.75 tsp olive oil
1.5 tsp sugar
(tf .11, 14" pan)

while that was rising I prepared the sauce - the greek pizza sauce is a slightly sweet cooked sauce, I used crushed tomatoes, sugar, lots of oregano, garlic, & crushed red pepper

sauced the dough, then roughly 1/2 mozzarella & 1/2 white cheddar , then topped with pepperoni & homemade hot italian turkey sausage

photo-44-1.jpg

the traeger was preheated on high, this picture was the first time I checked it, it was browning in the back so I spun it a few times
photo-45-1.jpg

looking better
photo-46-1.jpg

out of the grill & sliced
photo-49.jpg

the crust
photo-43-3.jpg

dinner
photo-43-2.jpg

sometimes mistakes turn out to be happy, this pizza is one I will do again......

sparky

wow, really nice pie there deb. the crust is cooked perfectly. i like the topping. ha matey, what about a piece or two of your pie. well toss back a few pints. thats the ticket. :)

Deb

Thin crust is my favorite! That's more of the St Louis style. Now we just need to get you some Provel cheese..

I have never paid attention to that style.... it looks like I came pretty close - slightly sweet sauce, lots of oregano - just need the cheese and to cut the pizza differently

Deb

Squirt - does the St. Louis style have cheese first or toppings covered in cheese?

squirtthecat

Between the sauce and the toppings. Then you cut it into square pieces to serve. 'Party cut', they call it.

Dang, you are making me hungry now...........

Top Bottom