Bacon roasted chicken with baked zucchini and home made french bread.

Chili Head

The ingredents for tonights meal:

007-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

Tonight the first thing I did was bake the french bread in the MAK at 400º for 35 minutes burning oak pellets.

012-1.jpg

While the bread was baking I prepped the chicken and the zucchini.
For the chicken I used:
2 TB butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 ts thyme
2 carrots
paprika to taste
8 slices of bacon
2 cups of beef broth
1 medium sized onion

I stuffed the carrots and onion in the cavity and tied the legs together. Then I tooth picked the skin closed to close the cavity.

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

Next I rubbed the butter over the chicken and seasoned it with salt, pepper, and thyme. Place the chicken breast side up and lay the bacon over the chicken and sprinkle on some paprika to taste. Then pour the beef broth into the pan but don't pour it over the bacon. You want to crisp the bacon so it can be crumbled later.

011-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

The bread is almost done!

019-1.jpg

Just enough time to get the zucchini ready.

Chili Head

For the zucchini de Provence I used:
3 zucchini cut into 1/4 inch rounds
3 TB EVOO
2 ts ground sea salt
1 ts herbes de Provence
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup of shredded parmeasan cheese
ground black pepper

Arange your zucchini in a pan and drizzle with EVOO and season with the de Provence and sea salt. Repeat the layering until the zuchini is used up.

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

The bread is done! I love the smell of home made bread!

020.jpg

continued..

Chili Head

Time to put in the chicken!

024-1.jpg

At 450º bake the chicken for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350º. Every 15 minutes baste the chicken with the beef broth. Continue to roast the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 170º when taken in the thickest part of the thigh.

When the chicken is almost done put in the zucchini.

027-1.jpg

Bake the zucchini at 350 for 30 minutes. While the zucchini is baking mix up the breadcrumbs, Parmeasan cheese and 3 TB EVOO in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.

029.jpg

030.jpg

Once the zucchini has baked for 30 minutes sprinkle the cheese mixture over the top and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese mixture develops a crust.

035.jpg

Time for the chicken to come out! This smells so good! I wish you could smell it!

031.jpg

Take the bacon off of the chicken, crumble it up and set it aside.

043.jpg

Here we go! Time to plate it all up.

Place a piece of chicken on the plate with some carrots and onions. Add the zucchini and a piece of the home made French bread with a pat of butter. Sprinkle some of the crumbled bacon on the chicken and veggies then garnish it with a bit of Italian parsley. Time to enjoy some of the best chicken I have ever had! A glass of cherry and berry wine complimented this meal perfectly.

046.jpg

048-1.jpg

Now you know I cant stop there!!

continued..

Chili Head

How about some dessert kabobs!

026-1.jpg

For these I used some strawberries, pineapple, bannanas, shredded coconut and angel food cake and whipped cream. This is so easy and tastes so good and takes no time at all to prepair!

Just slice your berries in half, cut the cake into 1 1/2 inch squares and slice your bannanas into 1/4 inch pieces. Thread the pieces onto your skewers and put them over the flame zone at 400º for 5 minutes turning them to keep them from burning. I did mine with 1 strawberry to a piece of angel food cake and repeated. The other skewer got bannana and pineapple then sprinkled with the shredded coconut. Add a dollop of whipped cream and a cup of coffee and you're ready to enjoy!

039-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

I have to say this chicken was super moist and seasoned perfectly. The beef broth and bacon added that WOW factor we all look for in a meal. The zucchini had a nice crust and was tender and flavorful. The carrots and onion with the side of home made french bread hit the spot on this one.

The dessert kabobs couldnt have been better. I must be in heaven!!
There's something about grilled fruit over raw fruit that just makes it better! The smoked angel food cake was outstanding! The sugars in the cake carmalized along the edges and the crusty edges tasted like sweet candy is the only way I can describe it.
It was just heavenly! I know it sounds corny but it was perfect!

If you're looking for a chicken dish to try you owe it to yourself to try this one!

Enjoy!

sparky

oh my gosh. dude, your a fantastic chef. that meal is do die for. really nice partner. i got to more closer to ya. :)

Top Bottom