Second Mak 2 Star

JimmyDings

Greetings all:

I thought long and hard about this before posting and decided to go ahead!

A couple weeks ago I had ordered a Mak 2 star and received in Perfect condition. As stated before, during the initial burn, she blistered in the powder coat and upon posting (thinking it was no big deal), MakDaddy pointed out this was not normal.... that was #628.........beautiful unit. After a couple emails with MakDaddy, it was decided to send another unit.......btw, It was Bob's insistence to send another unit, as he wanted to insure his quality and customer impressions of his product.

So they strived to ship another unit the very next day, which they did and Friday, # 643 arrived and was ready to be put to work. The beauty of this transaction was how well parts interchanged with each other, meaning their specs and tolerances for these units are identical no matter what number unit you have. Bob shipped me another 2 Star COMPLETE and I only took the main body and the heat deflector, and everything went back together perfectly. I repacked up # 628 and the shipper picked it back up the same day for it's trip back to R&D at Mak.

Fired up #643 for it's initial burn and she blistered the same as before. I was bummed. I email Bob, and he responded within 5 minutes. He felt it was a lack of, or no Mica added to the powdercoat during production. He was awesome! He was more apologetic than needed, but assured me he was gonna make things right. He offered to send another unit, but first is going to do the test burn at the factory to insure everything's fine. The beauty of Mak and Bob, is that they are allowing me to use this unit for low and slow cooking until they get me another unit. All I could say was WOW! Bob, allowed me to use this unit and keep my wife onboard with everything happening.

Saturday, I used the 2 Star to do my first real cook on a pellet fired smoker. I cooked Boneless chicken breasts wrapped in bacon after they had been marinated in Coke a Cola, Onions and Garlic........using Oak and Cherry mixed pellets. They were awesome and my Wife and Dad raved about the unit. I TOOK PICS......lol and will post in the gallery toady I hope.

The moral of this story and the reason I posted all of this.........ANYTHING can happen during production. I realize that and everyone should as well. It's how the company responds to issues and handles them which can and will set them above all of the rest.
The powercoat issue was beyond Mak's control. The way Bob and Mak have handled all of this is nothing short of spectacular. Excellent communication and actions have continued to keep my opinion of this company in the highest regard.

I want ALL prospective buyers of a pellet fired smoker to remember these actions......should something arise......before they make a final decesion on a product and or company.

Mak has been a true class act with what I feel is a product unmatched or unequaled in these types of units!

Sincerely, Jim Batruch
Aka JimmyDings

sparky

that is a great story. i am glad i own 3 maks. out of the 3 maks i own i have had only 1 little problem. i think thats pretty good. and i use them all the time. its a great product.

So Cal Smoker

Nice reading JimmyDings, thanks for posting. Those of us that have purchased MAKs have purchased American made from an American company that truly cares. Bob puts his name on it and his name is golden.

bflodan

Totally agree! I've had my MAK for just about a year, I had a minor problem and a new part was at my door with in days! So happy I went with the MAK!

smokenovice

JimmyDings:

I rarely post on the Smoking Pellet.com forum , but I am glad to hear MAK Grills & Bob took care of your powder coat issues. I actually placed an order for a MAK 2 Star taking this type of quality customer service into consideration before I purchased one. I'll keep my fingers crossed, hoping their powder coat issues have been resolved before mine is shipped out this week :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Bob and Mak Mamma didnt put their name on it....They put their kids name on it.....the M and A and K are the first letters of their kids names. That says a lot.

This is why I work with MAK so hard. They never stop improving the product....never. They are available seven days a week to help. The even offered one time to drive an hour and a half on a Sunday with a customer that was having problems....not all of the problems were MAKs but it didnt matter.

Thanks Jimmy and heres to good smokin!

TTNuge

I've had my MAK for over a year and a half now and rest assured that the top notch customer service never ends. I had a recent minor incident and gave them a call and they treated me like family. They knew me by name and worked with me to make sure everything was handled. They go above and beyond on a regular basis.

JimmyDings

Ya know your dealing with an A+ company, when in a forum like this, no one has a negative to say. That's why I went with this company and their product.

Bob has been in contact this week with me with regards to a replacement unit. I like the fact that their willing to test fire the unit and check everything out before they ship.

In short: What more could I ask or hope for? Not much...as they have exceeded my expectations. I've have the chance to speak with a number of people in my area about pellet fired smokers, and I've pumped MAK up as high as possible without going overboard.......hehehe. I really can't find a fault with the product nor the company!.........enough said.
JimmyDings

TTNuge

Ya know your dealing with an A+ company, when in a forum like this, no one has a negative to say. That's why I went with this company and their product. JimmyDings

I got something negative to say..... They're too damn far away so I can't go visit them in person! I'm looking forward to meeting Sterling and the BPS crew in November but that is only one half of an excellent "team" and I need to meet the others too.

MAK DADDY

Thanks everyone, its very frustrating to us when a problem arises because we are such perfectionist here!
It's customers like you that help make this company so great. Your patience, understanding and ideas really help motivate us to constantly improve our products and our company. MAK really is a big family from employees to dealers to grill owners, we LOVE our customers!

Carter13

I got something negative to say..... They're too damn far away so I can't go visit them in person! I'm looking forward to meeting Sterling and the BPS crew in November but that is only one half of an excellent "team" and I need to meet the others too.

I feel for you bro. I am a couple months from pulling the trigger on a MAK 1 Star and plan on driving an hour South to their place to pick it up and meeting everyone. :)
You can't beat anything built in the Great North West as far as I am concerned. I have worn Danner brand rain forest boots for the last 17 years made here Portland and love them. They are big bucks but are top notch and I go out of my way to support local business.
I am pumped to be upgrading to a MAK and am confident with their product. Kudos to you MAK DADDY and everyone that works for you.
From what I have seen for the last year you are putting out a TOP NOTCH product.

Top Bottom